Injuries and how they have changed your jits

Hi all, for the last month or so iv been getting migrains, so bad that i cant see at times. My doctor has been running tests and this week told me this is due to damaged cells in the back of my neck. He told me to stop jiu jitsu all togeather but that isnt realy an option, so iv decided to go for leg locks a whole lot more, hoping that this is going to give my neck abit more of a rest. I spoke to Zog earlier on in then week and have some good starting points to go for.
    What i was wondering is if anyone eles has had a bad injury wich has made them adapt the way they roll.

Array

School
    11th Dimension
    I have been getting really bad migraines since a lil pup. But that doesn't stop me from doing anything. My current injury is a pinched nerve in my lower back which at times sends a burning type feeling on the front of my shin but when really bad the pain is around my ass and front of shin. I have been completely ignoring take-downs and have been developing my guard game. But at times the pain is so bad I loose flexibility so then I go back to just working sweeps and defenses.

Array

School
    Team Destruction MMA
    Got in a car wreck New years eve driving to work. Jacked my knees up real bad. I haven't been able to train since. It's driving me crazy.

Got in a car wreck New years eve driving to work. Jacked my knees up real bad. I haven't been able to train since. It's driving me crazy.
    That sucks, sorry to hear that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    My whole game is based around my injuries
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    As always, what coach herzog said.

When I threw out my back I stopped using guard and only used half guard to get to the top. This injury actually increased my top game and my half guard.

I wouldn't come back to my guard until I was healed, but then I injured my back again, and began researching issues related to lower back flexibility. The result, now I avoid instances of lower back flexation.

I began practicing granby rolls (for shoulder flexibility and proper head movement when rolling) and increased the flexibility in my hamstring. Now when I get stacked in guard I automatically take the weight onto my shoulders, straighten my lower spine, and control my opponent's range with my hip flexors. This drastically reduced injury to my lower back and gave me my stacked rubber guard game back (up until then I was only hitting rubber guard when I had an overhook and an extreme outside angle).