Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    RCJ Machado jiu jitsu (Rio Rancho)

Lifting weights and doing Jiu Jitsu

Hello I am new here and wanted to ask if Lifting weights really hard with heavy weights and doing jiu jitsu in the same day bad? I am 46 years old now and it seems I am not able to do everything like when I was younger. I could hardly lift my arms to drive home the other day after Jiu jitsu. The pain was really bad. Thanks for any help here.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    I am 28 and can't lift and roll in the same day.

Y not?

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Muscles need recovery time.

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu jitsu Orange park
    I would brake it up on days for sure. The type of lifting you do also will change a bit.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Find someone that will Hollywood roll with you. i dont know what other names there are for it. Thats what Erik Paulson calls it. Its when you roll no more than 10 percent power and speed and you kinda let each other accomplish your sweeps and catch and release submissions. You dont really resist anything you learn to go with the flow. Used to warm up doing that in CSW class. Helps a lot to get new movements down to.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Art "ART OF WAR" Belarde View Post
    I would brake it up on days for sure. The type of lifting you do also will change a bit.
    I was wondering what you mean by the type of lifting?

always lift before you roll.. just what i found because after rolling if you dont have some random injury the sheer exhaustion will hold you back from being able to hit the gym later. when i have time i do a morning lift and evening jits.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by snoogens44 View Post
    always lift before you roll.. just what i found because after rolling if you dont have some random injury the sheer exhaustion will hold you back from being able to hit the gym later. when i have time i do a morning lift and evening jits.
    I am curious of your age?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast