Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet H.Q

MRI results came in for my knee....nothing torn just inflammation but..

So before i moved here to Cali i got an MRI for my right knee that popped on the outside part......mind you that this happened around april/may.........i get the results about 2 weeks ago and the doc tells me that there is no tear or anything but inflammation and basically there isnt anything he can do...so basically he inflammation for 4 months with it getting better.....i took bayer for like 5 days straight while icing and still nothing....depressing considering i train everyday (with occasional misses for job interviews)...any ideas???? Maybe i should try getting like medical marijuana?? I mean i never smoked in my life but people say that relieves pain....i dont know...i would hate to start smoking weed if i never have before....just feel like this crap is holding me back....

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar Ocasio View Post
    Maybe i should try getting like medical marijuana??
    This is the 10th Planet JJ forums. That's an automatic 99% yes from the members lol.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    This is the 10th Planet JJ forums. That's an automatic 99% yes from the members lol.
    +1

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Im having the same problem. I hurt mine back in march and I had a MRI done about a month or so ago. I just had inflammation also. He gave me a shot in my knee and some medicine to take. It seemed like it got better at first but it has started hurting again. I have been taking some joint supplements but i havent noticed anything yet. I dont know what im going to do yet. I dont want to hurt it anymore cause I am a firefighter and need to stay healthy but i dont want to stop doing jj especially since i just got my blue a couple of weeks ago.

Array

School
    10th Planet Cookeville/Upper Cumberland MMA
    I just popped my knee today going for the calf crank from truck on a big dude. Didn't really hurt and it feels stable. There is a little soreness though. My other knee popped a couple of weeks ago while having someone in rubber guard, but it feels fine now. Hopefully this turns out to be nothing too bad. I've torn both my ACLs before, so it scares the crap out of you when you feel your knee pop.

Both my knees felt like they popped on the outside towards the back of the knee. Anyone know if this is a common thing or should I be concerned about really damaging my knees?

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Aleve > Bayer

in my goofy opinion

Array

School
    -Machado-Team Juarez
    ..same here, got caught in a americana and before i could tap my elbow snapped really loud...got an MRI done and they said it looked fine other than inflamation...its been a month as of yesterday and i still feel it so sensitive...shit is frustrating and depressing...dont know what to do to make it better...

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Wear knee sleeves. Ice the shit out of it. Alleve works better for me as someone said above. Maybe even stop rolling for a couple days/week. Also don't rubberguard people with that leg and work your other side for a while and avoid other bad positions while grappling.

Array

School
    Easton
    try this. prescription anti-inflame gel. expensive without insurance.
    http://www.voltarengel.com/consumer/default.aspx

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Try getting an Arnica based oil or cream, you can find them at most natural food stores/whole foods etc. Its a topical ointment, and won't fuck your stomach up like ibuprofen. It'll help with the inflammation and the pain. Like Scott said, knee sleves and ice the shit out of it.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast