Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman

Darce's and arm traingles

I'm getting darced or arm triangled when I get to halfguard and a underhook, what can I do to defend?

Array

School
    blank
    Double-underhooks squeezing tight son!

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    i know double underhooks help, but what if I want a single underhook so i can swivel onto my side?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Darce: keep your top elbow tight to your ribs and lean your head back if you feel the attack coming. If he shoots for the darce faster than you are t-rexxing, flatten out to your back. Don't let him bring you up to your side.

Arm triangle: react before he gets to that point by t-rexxing and shrimping away out of danger.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I recommend practicing the mechanic sweep. It's good because it gets you in the habit of attacking their overhooking hand before they can secure a grip.

Ideally I'd like to have an air tight double underhooked boa grip that's wrenching their guts but I can't always get that deep or get my grip locked up in time. So it's usually attacking their darce hand to setup the mechanic sweep to which their defense is usually to shake off my wrist control and revert to their underhook (abandoning the darce)... which then gives me the overhook. From the overhook, I use the super stomp/godfather sweep series to battle to butterfly or full guard... with a free overhook.

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    mechanic sweep is nice...

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    You need to go deep. The lower you are on them the safer you'll be. "Face to junk" pretty much. That And make sure you keep your elbows tight. Get a killer double under squeeze too.
    You can always hit the mechanic and boa.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by robert gero View Post
    mechanic sweep is nice...
    I love when guys go for the darce in half guard, they give you that sweep so often.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    The Mechanic is my money sweep from 1/2 guard, very potent.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Im pile'n on. The mechanic and boa are both safe havens because he cannot connect his hands. And with the evolution of the jap necktie, this must be avoided at all costs. This is why it is dangerous to play one under hook. If you do, you have to be ready to mechanic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast