Array

School
    Gracie Barra Bellingham Wa

Two arm in triangle

So idk if its just because I have long legs or something but when I have people I my guard I can just snap a triangle on them without getting one of their arms out. Then I just squeeze with my legs and pull down on their head and about 30% of the time I get a tap. Idk if its actually working as a choke or if the 30% of people are just wussy. But the other 70% of the time I just end up stalling there, the other person can't escape and I don't know where to go to finish. Any ideas? I figured I would ask since I suppose someone might have already had this problem.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    This

At the end Sean uses the double arm triangle to armbar

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Bradshaw View Post
    So idk if its just because I have long legs or something but when I have people I my guard I can just snap a triangle on them without getting one of their arms out. Then I just squeeze with my legs and pull down on their head and about 30% of the time I get a tap. Idk if its actually working as a choke or if the 30% of people are just wussy. But the other 70% of the time I just end up stalling there, the other person can't escape and I don't know where to go to finish. Any ideas? I figured I would ask since I suppose someone might have already had this problem.
    armbar seems like the best option from there. I mean, you can even keep the triangle if your hips are in the right place as a fulcrum.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Watch Gabbys video 2 threads up. Same exact scenario...straight to double armbar.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post

At the end Sean uses the double arm triangle to armbar
    Awesome to see that demonstrated. I hit it a few times by accident, I was trying to do an East Croc, but I chickened out in swinging the leg over, so I just cleared the shoulder and locked it up like a triangle to finish for the arm bar. Then I went home and checked the book and I realized that I had done a half assed east coast croc. Like Bradshaw I was wondering if it was a fluke or just my partner having a sensititve day.

Watching the video I can see why it would work sometimes and why it wouldn't. Essentially, I just wasn't paying attention to where their shoulder was before I triangled my leg.