Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any advice?

Array

School
    extreme MMA

Any advice?

Hey guys, im new to the forums and i wanna start off by saying im a HUGE jiu jitsu fan and there is a gym 10 minutes away from me and i want to sign up but im nervous. what should i expect? the gym is American Top Team.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Where you live?? You will b nervous but dont worry bout it, it happens to everyone when they first walk into a gym. Jus go in get a feel for it. You should b able to get a week or two free. Make sure you take advantage of that to see if that is the place you want to be. Im not sayin anything bad bout ATT im talkin in general. Jus bc that gym is 10 min away does not mean that it is the right one for you. Go in open minded and see what ya think. Be humble and respectful and you wont have any problems. Good luck.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Change your profile fields to match your location and gym, and change your user name to your real name and there shouldn't be any problems.

Array

School
    extreme MMA
    thanks guys. im just nervous about being the guy that no one wants to grapple with. i don't know. i have problems with meeting people.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    How did you stumble onto our forum? Just curious.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    extreme MMA
    I listen to Joe rogan podcasts and Eddie bravo is always on with him. Eddie has some great stories and one day he was talking about Jiu Jitsu and he said go to his forums. so here i am. i love jiu jitsu but i have problems meeting new people.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    It shouldn't be a big deal unless you have poor personal hygeine, are missing multiple limbs, or weigh 600 lbs.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Just rock up and go with it, jiu jitsu is a weird thing. You pay money to get beaten up by other people, when they start to strugle to beat you you start to give them tips on how they can improve to beat you, the more they beat you the better friends you become. Best thing you can do is turn up, i have many friends who say they are gona get fit first befor they start, wich meens they usually never turn up. Also Popovitch is in Florida, i realy like his jitz.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    So do I(am weird about meeting people). Take a deep breath, clench your ass hole, bite your lip, and go to class. Focus completely on the training. Be polite, but gear all your questions and convo toward jj at first. It takes away the social complications and awkwardness and lets the others know your serious. Expect to learn and lose. Just go

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Dorantes View Post
    i have problems meeting new people.
    Welcome! Most of us here don't beat around the bush. We are very direct in our questions & opinions. Why do you have trouble meeting new people? If there is reasons please list. Thank you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast