Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin

Milde hyperextension of the elbow, is R.I.C.E. the answer?

Got caught in a triangle yesterday, tried to pull out of it and went right into an armbar. The thing is the blue belt I was rolling with likes to lock in his submissions like a vice, so Bam, hyperextension.

Now I have almost full range of movement, its just when I rotate my hand from palm up to palm down I get a pinch. and of course when I extend my arm fully or try to touch the shoulder. There isn't any swelling but it is getting damn annoying. I don't have insurance so I wanted to run this by you guys, but I figure R.I.C.E. will be the way to go. Thanks y'all.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Hi Stone. Consistency with your R.I.C.E. program for your elbow will help speed up your recovery immensely. Heal up well brother.

K Madden

RICE is only when you have swelling. otherwise, take off the ice, insert heat.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    *facepalm*

@Kendall Thanks for telling me to swap out for heat!

@kiko, thanks man.

I always hyperextend my arm throwing jabs hurts like crazy, i nomaly hit the anti inflams for it but it still does it all the time.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I always use 1 Aleve and ice on tendons

shower, heat, ice, and booze for muscles

i'm no body scientist though

thnks bro

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. My range of motion has increased a few degrees on each end so I think if I take it easy I should be rolling again next Friday.