Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Quote Originally Posted by The kza View Post
    no use crying over spilt milk. stop making easy targets for sherdog
    It isn't about being a "Target" for a dumb forum like sherdog, it's about making this terrible call a target for review at best, at the least make the refs better so that in the future it doesn't happen again. And really, if it was a good call, its about making it a target for the rest of so it doesn't happen again. This isn't spilt milk, or maybe I don't give a shit what another forum is writing about it.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    IBJJF has the worst rules in the business...

I thought BJJ was ground "fighting"...

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by The kza View Post
    no use crying over spilt milk. stop making easy targets for sherdog
    Its spilled milk to the guy who watched a 5 min vid sitting behind a keyboard not the guy who trained his ass off bought the appropriate apparel according to the stupid rules and paid the money to compete and showed up to put it on the line.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Jay Pages Jiu-Jitsu/CTA
    At the end of the day, if we want to play in their game we have to play by their rules. Their riffs have to go through a rules certification training every year. Unlike the refs in gq or Naga. The refs know the rules better than anyone. If you don't like or agree with the rules then don't compete in their tournaments. Again, the rules are in place to protect the competitors. If you want to risk injury, have shorter grappling career, don't like the rules, then compete in other tournaments. Funny thing is no one is holding a gun to your head making you spend the money or the time for these tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPagesJJ View Post
    At the end of the day, if we want to play in their game we have to play by their rules. Their riffs have to go through a rules certification training every year. Unlike the refs in gq or Naga. The refs know the rules better than anyone. If you don't like or agree with the rules then don't compete in their tournaments. Again, the rules are in place to protect the competitors. If you want to risk injury, have shorter grappling career, don't like the rules, then compete in other tournaments. Funny thing is no one is holding a gun to your head making you spend the money or the time for these tournaments.
    Having knowledge and applying it with common sense are two very separate thing. That said i'm tired of talking about worlds...

Array

School
    Rōnin
    i call bull shit, he was in postion to reap but the guys knee was straight with no pressure on it. that was someone looking for a easy win, they need to keep some of the bushido way in jiu jitsu.

Array

School
    Jay Pages Jiu-Jitsu/CTA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    Having knowledge and applying it with common sense are two very separate thing. That said i'm tired of talking about worlds...
    I agree. Then if one cannot apply the rules with common sense then one should not complain about the rules and being dq'd because they didn't follow the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Timmermans View Post
    i call bull shit, he was in postion to reap but the guys knee was straight with no pressure on it. that was someone looking for a easy win, they need to keep some of the bushido way in jiu jitsu.
    That's like saying if you pull a knife on someone and complain to the cops that you didn't even cut the person. The rules were explained in great detail about what they considered reaping the knee. You either follow their rules or don't enter. No one is holding a gun to anyones head to compete at the worlds. If you break the rules, you have no one to blame but yourself about being DQ'd. Without a doubt this guy broke the rules.

Array

School
    Stallion Gym / Arte Suave Stuttgart
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin W. View Post
    That's like saying if you pull a knife on someone and complain to the cops that you didn't even cut the person. The rules were explained in great detail about what they considered reaping the knee. You either follow their rules or don't enter. No one is holding a gun to anyones head to compete at the worlds. If you break the rules, you have no one to blame but yourself about being DQ'd. Without a doubt this guy broke the rules.
    Bullshit, that's like saying he intended to reap the knee. Also it really looks like the other guy stepped into that position. That's like you putting a knife in my hand and holding it to your stomach, then complaining to the cops about me wanting to hurt you. (Same stupid comparison as yours before)

He should have at least a few sec to get out of that forced position.

Quote Originally Posted by Max P. View Post
    Bullshit, that's like saying he intended to reap the knee. Also it really looks like the other guy stepped into that position. That's like you putting a knife in my hand and holding it to your stomach, then complaining to the cops about me wanting to hurt you. (Same stupid comparison as yours before)

He should have at least a few sec to get out of that forced position.
    Look again. The guy was trying to pass, that's why he was stepping into him. That's when Jared Carlsten threw his leg over to defend the pass. So... no. It's not like the guy grabbed Jared Carlstens leg and threw it over him. His pass was being blocked by an illegal move, of course he's going to complain. Whether he intended to reap or didn't is irrelevant because he did (in what IBJJF considers reaping). There are no warnings after reaping the knee, you are DQ'd on the spot. This isn't some BJJ conspiracy against 10PJJ, they DQ world champions in the black belt finals no problem. Guys, you can support your 10PJJ brothers without being bias.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345