Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please bring 10th Planet BJJ to NYC!

The NYC nogi bjj scene is horrible. There is no gym that even offers nogi classes more than 2 nights a week. And none of them teach the 10th planet system, which is far superior to traditional nogi bjj. How can I live in the biggest city in the world and be faced with this dilemma? Please Eddie, establish a gym in NYC and it will pay huge dividends, I assure you. You will siphon off a large percentage of the students from the 10 or so schools in NYC, because students want to evolve. Please make my dream come true. Thanks!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Thanks for the promo Charlemagne, but Rochester is about 6 hours away from NYC. I'd say, start a hotbox reachnick2012. Network on message boards and see who in the city would be down to start a hotbox.

Thanks for the advice. I don't see what the impediment to opening a gym up in NYC is though. There's a lot less populous places with a 10th planet gym (st. louis, el paso, chicago, sherman?!, portland, etc...). The students are here, the demand is here, but the gym is not...It just seems like a huge wasted opportunity to me, but maybe there is some hidden logic behind the choice to stay out of NYC that i'm not privy to.

Array

School
    Ronin
    http://www.marcelogarciajj.com/nyc/
    I understand you wanting more no gi time but I would where a tutu and makeup to train with that guy and I have to believe he is doing more than two nights a week no gi.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by reachnick2012 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I don't see what the impediment to opening a gym up in NYC is though. There's a lot less populous places with a 10th planet gym (st. louis, el paso, chicago, sherman?!, portland, etc...). The students are here, the demand is here, but the gym is not...It just seems like a huge wasted opportunity to me, but maybe there is some hidden logic behind the choice to stay out of NYC that i'm not privy to.
    Eddie owns and operates one school. Who do you think is going to teach at the NY school? Should he fly back and fourth between the two schools?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by reachnick2012 View Post
    Master Eddie isn't the one who builds the gyms. It's local places that set up an affiliate. The opportunity is there, but no one is setting one up.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Master Eddie isn't the one who builds the gyms.
    Of course hes not it would be racist to assume just because he's Mexican he's also in the construction trade.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    http://www.marcelogarciajj.com/nyc/
    I understand you wanting more no gi time but I would where a tutu and makeup to train with that guy and I have to believe he is doing more than two nights a week no gi.
    http://www.marcelogarciajj.com/schedule.html
    That's a pretty solid no gi schedule if you ask me and qualifies a little above a "horrible" jj scene.

Array

School
    Ronin
    But hey if you are Dead set on learning from Eddie upgrade your account for only $5 a month(the price of a burger) and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast