Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    if he breaks off he'll split the vote for republicans and obama will win

and the most important issue should be one's personal rights considering ad hoc and the bill of rights is now void.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlemange August K. View Post
    if he breaks off he'll split the vote for republicans and obama will win
    This is moot, the front runner Romney is virtually the same as Obama. The left right paradigm is a distraction from the real issues. It's RP or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Planet Riverside, Ca View Post
    By the way I was against the war in Iraq from the start and protested against it.
    Argued with my fellow grapplers over it too and was much critcized for it.
    It's nice of you to take time off your cross to lecture us on why RP is a racist.

I not
    only want to bring the troops home I didn't want to send them there in the first place. I'm
    former military myyself. I served 6 long years in the Army. I use to run with a rifle yelling kill kill kill!
    Shot expert. Was a champion at the pogo sticks and all that. Fired 60mm machine gun, crawled
    under bobwire with a machine live machine gun shooting over my head with a gas mask on and a
    rifle in my hands and I'm not against war per se but against wars that are not neccesary and are
    for profit like Iraq was.
    lolwut?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    By the way I was against the war in Iraq from the start and protested against it.
    Argued with my fellow grapplers over it too and was much critcized for it. I not
    only want to bring the troops home I didn't want to send them there in the first place. I'm
    former military myself. I served 6 long years in the Army. I used to run with a rifle yelling kill kill kill!
    Shot expert. Was a champion at the pugel sticks and all that. Fired 60mm machine gun, crawled
    under barbed wire with a live machine gun shooting over my head with a gas mask on and a
    rifle in my hands. I'm not against war per se but against wars that are not neccesary and are
    for profit like Iraq was.
    Fixed it for you Douglas.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside, California
    [QUOTE=Douglas White;109308]T
    It's nice of you to take time off your cross to lecture us on why RP is a racist.

Glad to help out when ever I can.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hyatt View Post
    Fixed it for you Douglas.
    Thanks pal. I don't have the capability of an edit button.

Array

School
    Ron Paul Wants close all the U.S. military bases around the world! All 1,000 of them in 750 countries!
    I got no problem with that. I'm not making any money off those bases but the 1% is and they are
    the ones that rule the U.S.

So do you agree with Ron Paul about closing all our 1,000 foreign military bases around the world?

Go to YouTubePlay video
    Dr. Paul says to bring the troops home. Close all the bases around the world. Filmed at a private VIP fundraiser in Orlando FL 10-21-2007
    00:01:03
    Added on 8/10/08

Ron Paul Wants close all the military bases! - YouTube
    Dr. Paul says to bring the troops home. Close all the bases around the world. Filmed at a private VIP fundraiser in Orlando FL 10-21-2007
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ify0fcNYtj0 - Cached
    Video.Play Video

Empire of Bases 2.0
    It has 507 permanent bases! What is the U.S ... There are more than 1,000 U.S. military bases dotting the globe ... the American flag flies over 750 U.S. military ...
    archive.truthout.org/empire-bases-2066691 - Cached

Array

School
    10th Planet
    Paul Wrong. His ideas on bringing the troops home are great but he's a nut.
    Anybody who is against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is a racist pure and simple.
    Why couldn't the jackass admit he was wrong?!
    Black people and other minorities would still not be allowed to eat in restaurants
    and other public places or it would have been years later. In 1952 or so blacks
    were intergrated into the military. I'm sure Ron Paul would have been against that too.

Just imagine little black kids not allowed to swim in public swimming pools. Black
    athletes not allowed to compete against whites etc. etc. Not allowed to stay
    at the same motels and hotels as whites. There was
    a famous black actress who put her toe in a swimming pool in Vegas one time. They
    drained the pool and had black guys scrub it. Go figure. But it gets much much worse.
    Black people who would get seriously injured in car accidents or whatever and then would
    be refused treatment at white hospitals. And you have this a**hole Ron Paul against
    the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to protect restaurant owners. All those Repub candidates
    are fruitcakes and in many ways worse than Ron Paul, that I will admit but being
    against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is el colmo!
    The Civil Rights Act did not improve race relations at the time, they forced business owners to render goods and services against their will (be they racist or not) to people they didn't want to serve. As well meaning as the law was, it increased racial tensions instead of helping to pacify them.

Freedom of speech, the preservation of personal liberty, and property rights all tie closely together. If you don't want a certain type of people coming on to your property for whatever reason you like, you reserve the right to ask them to leave or get arrested for trespassing. the Civil Rights Act stripped business owners of their rights to refuse services to whomever they did not wish to serve. It doesn't matter if they are racists or not. If the community had a problem with a racist business owner, they simply organize a boycott and watch the business crumble.

Making laws for or against a certain group of people is racist in nature. The federal government should not get involved in these matters. Just like hate crime laws are racist and redundant. They just punish someone more for assuming because they aren't the same race, the criminal deserves more than the normal punishment.

You seem to be getting pretty worked up about something you clearly have limited knowledge about. The constitution grants the rights of all Americans. Ron Paul recognizes that. He is also no racist. He is against the failed war on drugs and regularly denounces the fact that the war on drugs targets blacks and minorities the most. Blacks and minorities are prosecuted at much higher rates than whites. Racists wouldn't point that out. Here are some other links proving he is no racist.

"Racism is a collectivist ideology, Ron Paul HATES collectivism. He believes in individualism, which is incompatible with racism."
    Coolins335

"I served 6 long years in the Army. I use to run with a rifle yelling kill kill kill!
    Shot expert. Was a champion at the pogo sticks and all that. Fired 60mm machine gun, crawled
    under bobwire with a machine live machine gun shooting over my head with a gas mask on and a
    rifle in my hands"

Running with your rifles yelling kill kill kill is programming for war. I did it in the Marine Corps also. Shooting expert in the Army is no astonishing feat. Trying to hit 36 of 40 man sized pop up targets from 50m to 300M is not a challenge. I never saw pugil sticks after boot camp and don't know what you mean by "and all that." I'm not saying a 60MM machine gun doesn't exist, but in two tours to Afghanistan conducting engineer security, I never saw them. I also know that mortars can be 60MM and that would be one mighty beast of a gun that wouldn't be easily mobile. After a google search, I still cant seem to find anything. Perhaps you meant the 40mm Mk 19 Grenade Launcher? That is a crew served weapons system that I am very familiar with. The barbed wire fence thing is fine and dandy but you are in no danger. I did it in Army Basic in Ft Sill back in 2002 and again during USMC Basic in Parris Island in early 08.

Sounds to me like you never went anywhere worth talking about. It's cool if you served but didn't deploy to a combat zone, but don't pretend things you did in basic training amount to anything legitimate.

Array

School
    10th Planet
    I am totally down with closing all foreign bases. It would save billions of dollars and they would spend their money at home instead of foreign countries helping our economy. A military presence around the world does little for national security. Is Switzerland, Sweden, or Canada all over the world? Are they less safe than America because they don't have hundreds of military bases in other countries?

Whom is agitating whom again? If I were the Iranians, Id sure as shit want to get nukes too.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_c View Post
    the civil rights act did not improve race relations at the time, they forced business owners to render goods and services against their will (be they racist or not) to people they didn't want to serve. As well meaning as the law was, it increased racial tensions instead of helping to pacify them.

Freedom of speech, the preservation of personal liberty, and property rights all tie closely together. If you don't want a certain type of people coming on to your property for whatever reason you like, you reserve the right to ask them to leave or get arrested for trespassing. The civil rights act stripped business owners of their rights to refuse services to whomever they did not wish to serve. It doesn't matter if they are racists or not. If the community had a problem with a racist business owner, they simply organize a boycott and watch the business crumble.

Making laws for or against a certain group of people is racist in nature. The federal government should not get involved in these matters. Just like hate crime laws are racist and redundant. They just punish someone more for assuming because they aren't the same race, the criminal deserves more than the normal punishment.

You seem to be getting pretty worked up about something you clearly have limited knowledge about. The constitution grants the rights of all americans. Ron paul recognizes that. He is also no racist. He is against the failed war on drugs and regularly denounces the fact that the war on drugs targets blacks and minorities the most. Blacks and minorities are prosecuted at much higher rates than whites. Racists wouldn't point that out. Here are some other links proving he is no racist.

"racism is a collectivist ideology, ron paul hates collectivism. He believes in individualism, which is incompatible with racism."
    coolins335

"i served 6 long years in the army. I use to run with a rifle yelling kill kill kill!
    rifle in my hands"

running with your rifles yelling kill kill kill is programming for war. I did it in the marine corps also. Shooting expert in the army is no astonishing feat. Trying to hit 36 of 40 man sized pop up targets from 50m to 300m is not a challenge. I never saw pugil sticks after boot camp and don't know what you mean by "and all that." i'm not saying a 60mm machine gun doesn't exist, but in two tours to afghanistan conducting engineer security, i never saw them. I also know that mortars can be 60mm and that would be one mighty beast of a gun that wouldn't be easily mobile. After a google search, i still cant seem to find anything. Perhaps you meant the 40mm mk 19 grenade launcher? That is a crew served weapons system that i am very familiar with. The barbed wire fence thing is fine and dandy but you are in no danger. I did it in army basic in ft sill back in 2002 and again during usmc basic in parris island in early 08.

Sounds to me like you never went anywhere worth talking about. It's cool if you served but didn't deploy to a combat zone, but don't pretend things you did in basic training amount to anything legitimate.
    school
    formerly known as jmw0582

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast