Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin

Thoughts on the Nick Diaz-Carlos Condit rematch?

Carlos agreed to a rematch. Anybody else pumped as I am for this fight?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Pass. Looks like its not gonna happen anyways
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Not really excited. I'm suprised UFC is willing to take a risk an invest in another event for an underwhelming fight. But I'm sure they'll turn on the hype machine. It's kind of unfair to Condit that he has to do this based on fans griping.

But, who knows. Condit might feel more confident and throw more. Diaz may adjust his strategy.

I remember when Couture OWNED Liddell in the first fight. Chuck's coach realized that all Chuck had to do was back up and turn off to the side and throw. And boom, rematch KO. Nick's biggest mistake was being linear. If he can change that, he might be able to force Condit into the slugfest he (and fans) wants. We'll see. I hope we don't get into a Frankie Edgar situation though. Both guys get injured and delay it forever.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    i doubt it will happen even though thats whats being reported

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Not really excited. I'm suprised UFC is willing to take a risk an invest in another event for an underwhelming fight. But I'm sure they'll turn on the hype machine. It's kind of unfair to Condit that he has to do this based on fans griping.

But, who knows. Condit might feel more confident and throw more. Diaz may adjust his strategy.

I remember when Couture OWNED Liddell in the first fight. Chuck's coach realized that all Chuck had to do was back up and turn off to the side and throw. And boom, rematch KO. Nick's biggest mistake was being linear. If he can change that, he might be able to force Condit into the slugfest he (and fans) wants. We'll see. I hope we don't get into a Frankie Edgar situation though. Both guys get injured and delay it forever.
    This might be your dumbest statement to date, sorry. Where do you think all that money in Condits bank account came from? But I forgot you didn't pay for the fight.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    This might be your dumbest statement to date, sorry. Where do you think all that money in Condits bank account came from? But I forgot you didn't pay for the fight.
    Fans don't dictate the superbowl. Fans shouldn't dicate rematches. Since when is logic stupid? LOL. You stay getting mad.

BTW, I didn't pay $60 for the fight. Doesn't mean I didn't pay to watch it. Hahaah. Try again.

Array

School
    BTW dog, learn how to disagree with people in a mature way. All I do on here is try to be respectful. Stop being such a negative person, dude.

Array

School
    Salem
    I like the idea of a rematch. It was to close to call and Nick Diaz deserves it. If it was so close his corner was calling it in his favor and other fighters are stepping up and saying he won then there 'should' be a rematch. Also, While I like Condit's striking and I'm going through his fights to recap what I missed.

I just don't like how he sold and hyped the fight. How difficult would it be to say 'You know, I'm going to go in there and fight a smart fight, exploit his weaknesses and attempt to capitalize on them." I'd have no issue with him stating that and it wouldn't exactly be giving away his game plan but dead panning that you're a bad ass and he better be ready for punishment, blah, blah, blah then execute a game plan that goes against what you said your about and you're obviously not 100% comfortable with it in the ring with, expect backlash buddy.

But this is again, just my humble opinion.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    lol hilarious

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaine Stevens View Post
    I like the idea of a rematch. It was to close to call and Nick Diaz deserves it. If it was so close his corner was calling it in his favor and other fighters are stepping up and saying he won then there 'should' be a rematch. Also, While I like Condit's striking and I'm going through his fights to recap what I missed.

I just don't like how he sold and hyped the fight. How difficult would it be to say 'You know, I'm going to go in there and fight a smart fight, exploit his weaknesses and attempt to capitalize on them." I'd have no issue with him stating that and it wouldn't exactly be giving away his game plan but dead panning that you're a bad ass and he better be ready for punishment, blah, blah, blah then execute a game plan that goes against what you said your about and you're obviously not 100% comfortable with it in the ring with, expect backlash buddy.

But this is again, just my humble opinion.
    true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast