Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Academia De La Hova Jiu Jitsu

How many of you are injury free?

Just curious how many of you guys are 100% injury free? As i left, class today me and 3 others were wincing in pain off the mats lol. Everyone seems banged up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    welcome to combat sports.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    11th Dimension
    Its just growing pains.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog
    This.

Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    Because of combat sports , I came to realize having a kink in ur joint forrrrrever is actually the norm lol

I've been training for 2 years now and going to 8 classes a week (sometimes more) for the past 6 months and thankfully, I have zero injuries. Worst thing that's happened is a sprained thumb but it's back to 100% now.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    4 years injury free for the most part. One tore up groin muscle is about it.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ
    I'm never injury free, just keep rolling till something falls off

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    My attitude is better to have injuries from training a self defense legitimate combat sport vs not training a combat sport and being in a life or death physical altercation situation unprepared. That's a little simplified, but you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    4 years injury free for the most part. One tore up groin muscle is about it.
    What Mike didn't tell you is that he has Wolverine's healing factor, which I'm sooo totally jealous about. Other than Mike, pretty much everyone I know who trains is injured, or has been injured. Injuries happen in any sport, even ping pong, let alone combat sports.

Just make sure to warm up and stretch properly. Longevity is a huge part of progress in this game. I'm just a white belt and I've already been injured multiple times. Injury prevention is probably your best friend while training.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko"

My attitude is better to have injuries from training a self defense legitimate combat sport vs not training a combat sport and being in a life or death physical altercation situation unprepared. That's a little simplified, but you get the point.

What Mike didn't tell you is that he has Wolverine's healing factor, which I'm sooo totally jealous about. Other than Mike, pretty much everyone I know who trains is injured, or has been injured. Injuries happen in any sport, even ping pong, let alone combat sports.

Just make sure to warm up and stretch properly. Longevity is a huge part of progress in this game. I'm just a white belt and I've already been injured multiple times. Injury prevention is probably your best friend while training.
    I am sore all the time, especially both shoulders and adductors.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast