Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Rampage to Rogan: 'Shut the f--- up'

In a recent interview with Fighter's Only magazine Quinton "Rampage"Jackson, no stranger to frankly speaking his mind, turned his ire on an unlikely target - UFC commentator Joe Rogan. The remarks were apparently sparked by Rogan's commentary during the Jon Jones fight, when Rogan lamented Rampage's lack of kicks in his unssucessful title challenge.

"If you win then Joe Rogan's got to do an interview with you," said Jackson. "And most likely he has been talking some crap about you and how you don't throw leg kicks. 'I don't know why he don't throw leg kicks' - because Joe, I am fighting a wrestler who wants to take me down really bad, that's why I'm not throwing leg kicks.

" 'He's so one-dimensional, he's so one-dimensional' - he's going on about jiu-jitsu the whole time. That's why I'm like, 'Oh here comes Joe Rogan' and he's all fake in his face like he's not just picked apart your whole game like he's the best fighter in the world and he knows every decision you're gonna make while he is just sitting there watching you."

In reply to a question in jest about how a hypothetical fight with Rogan would go, Rampage replied at length.

I would beat the s--- out of Joe Rogan - as long as he don't get me to the ground, because his jiu-jitsu is really good. I know he's got good jiu-jitsu because he's so biased towards jiu-jitsu guys. Every time a guy is a jiu-jitsu fighter Rogan might as well be playing the rusty trombone.

"Joe Rogan has one of those girly high-ass voices that you can hear. I just want to tell him to shut the f--- up. Let's see you do it. Let's see you come in here and kick this mother-f----- who wants to take you down. Shut the f--- up.

"People can call me one-dimensional all they want. I don't care - at the end of the day it's my fight. I trained for this fight. People forget, I did Muay Thai fights, K-1, jiu-jitsu tournaments and I wrestled. One dimensional? Okay. Kiss my ass. I like to put on exciting fights."

Rogan offered a brief reply on the UG:

I think he'd beat the shit out of me too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    It's Joe's job to commentate and talk about fighters' styles. That's what's good about him. He understands the ground game, the stand up game, and the clinch game. He's an asset to the UFC promotion.

Quintin is gonna have something to say to anyone that says something good or bad about him. It's his job to reply or say nothing. I like Quinton because he always says something. He's witty as f**k! He is an asset to the UFC!

Wins all around!!!

Rampage is low class and should be in jail for killing unborn children in high speed pursuits. He sexually assaults females on camera, so I can't imagine what he does when the cameras off. Overall, if it werent for fighting, he'd be playing dominos on cell block d.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Haha, I love the drama.

Naw. Not two of my faves jousting! Rampage seems a lil sensitive, and Joe seems as cool as ever.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by DustinF
    Naw. Not two of my faves jousting! Rampage seems a lil sensitive, and Joe seems as cool as ever.
    Full metal jousting!

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I wonder if this confirms the rumor, awhile back, that Joe tapped out Rampage during some open mat session?

Array

School
    NA
    all i can say is wow. I think Rampage is a little sensitive and took what rogan said personally when rogan is trying his best to give his perspective/opinions as objective as possible. the real truth here is you can't appease everyone.

Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    You know how come rampage didnt take down Forest when he was throwing leg kicks when supposedly rampage is a wrestler...sounds like sore loser talk

Array

School
    Gracie University
    I remember his fight, and Joe said that he thought rampage should throw more leg kicks because he was doing well with them.
    How is that talking down?

He said he did well with leg kicks...the UFC has Joe say what two fighters are better at over each other, so it's already set up to where Joe will say one fighter is better at certain things than the other.

The Joe Rogan bias thing amazes me.
    He's been a fan and commentator before 99% of current MMA fans even knew MMA existed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast