Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam

Dieting!! A guide to Ketosis????? Anyone know anything about this diet?

Hey guys just doing some research on different diets and came across "A Guide to Ketosis" if anyone knows anything about Ketosis that would be great. Has anyone tried this diet?

http://josepharcita.blogspot.com/201...o-ketosis.html

Whenever i see articles with TEN AMAZING OMG WOW BENEFITS OF THIS THING WITH NO DOWNSIDES!!!1!, i take it with a grain of salt. So much of this diet stuff is still snake oil.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Its the Atkins diet.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Each time you switch fuel from carbs to fat you enter in ketosis. It's Glycogen depletion (sp?)

Badass way to drop fat like crazy but the diet in itself sucks balls! It requires some solid dedication lol

I've taken care of patients who have died from ketoacidosis. There's a reason it's not a normal physiological state.
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Beaumont AKA Thor View Post
    I've taken care of patients who have died from ketoacidosis. There's a reason it's not a normal physiological state.
    not the same thing
    http://barnson.org/node/1773
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I did it as a bet once and lost like 25 pounds within 2 months. The hard part is just drinking tons of water. I forget the reason for drinking tons of water, but something bad can happen if you don't drink tons of water.

Anyways, I felt like crap during the diet but the one positive thing came out of it was that as I came off of the diet, I slowly added different foods back into my diet and I got to observe how specific foods effect my body. A bowl of pasta would put me into a carb coma, fried foods made me sick as hell, etc etc. I learned a lot about how my body processes foods.

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe/Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Its the Atkins diet.
    It is the atkins diet...but on steroids. Its super intense, but completely plausible to maintain as a day to day diet. My strength and conditioning coach has been doing it for 15 years, and he's talked me into it over the past year and a half. The trick for me is plenty of water and fiber. I drink roughly 1 1/2 gallons of water a day (Granted I lose a little over half a gallon daily just in sweat) And you have to eat those veggies. When looking into carbs subtract the Fiber and the Sugar alcohol from the carb amount. Fiber and sugar alcohol, although carbs, do not break down into sugar in your body. At least not in terms of affecting blood sugar. I eat roughly 27 carbs a day, although I do get more sugar alcohol. I shoot for about 50 grams of fiber a day as well. Please note though, you will feel like youre starving to death for the first week or two...no matter how much you eat. At least in my experience. If I understand correctly, the diet was created in terms of fitness to simulate starvation. You get plenty of protein to keep your muscles fed, but it forces your body to convert fat into glycogen to burn for energy. Again, that is my understanding, but I am by no means a dietician. Like I said, I've been doing it over a year, and now its just common place....it just sucks to always have to turn down so many foods. And by so many....I mean sooooo many. Final note, the diet, again to my understanding, was created for epileptic patients to stop seizures. Dont know if this is a benefit or a negative impact on healthy individuals.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Thanks for the info guys, I have been hearing good things and bad things. A student of mine has done it for a few month and felt like shit for he first month. I just dont want my training to suffer at all. How are your energy levels while on this diet?

Ur brain and other body functions want carbs. Listen accordingly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast