troubles with the pump

ive been trying the pump for a while, but with higher level dudes i end up just with a deep hook and working hard to try and sweep while im perpendicular to them. leg swings for momentum and c cupping the thigh just isnt tossing these guys.. and they end up pulling out their deep hooked arm and passing. thoughts??

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Make sure your deep hook is as deep as you can get it. Don't leave any space. If you keep it tight there's no way they should be able pull out
    #10thplanetFREAKS

how are you swinging your leg? its important to note that u swing your legWIDE away from him and try to sweep him in the direction he has no base.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I think there's a pretty recent MTS eddie goes over "the toss" too
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    11th Dimension
    Love the profile picture, that was me in a past life. I would recommend more pumps. Swing that leg frantically to get them of balance. Its hard work especially with higher rank bigger opponents. Faint some subs or sweeps to get the one you want.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I just go deeper when that happens. Fuck the near leg, dig underneath them and reach for the far leg... spin 360 underneath them until their base is torqued so hard that they have to fall over. Just make sure you are placing your weight on your shoulder when you do it because it can get uncomfortable.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    If your toss is strong and he still maintains base, he is usually low enough for the swim move. If he postures to defend the swim, he will be much easier to toss because his base is not as set. If you got them both good. its hard for him to defend both.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco

Oh, behaaaaaaave...

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Bangor Maine
    I was having trouble with the toss for a bit as well. Getting the right swing with your leg is key, and if they have a good base a little push with the other leg thats in your apponents armpit can give the little extra you need.