Thread: 10th Planet SF

Array

School
    Infinite JJ

10th Planet SF

So on Wednesday I took my 4th trip to the City to go visit 10P and I have to say everytime I have gone has been amazing! Denney is an amazing teacher and very patient with people new to the system and his entire team is head and shoulders above any other school I have been to.
    My first vist to the Planet I was debating taking a job in the Bay so needless to say I had to find a new school and I tried so many different schools out there including ones that pro fighters own or train at and all though they were great schools I just preferred the style of class, learning and techniques that Denney had to offer up. I did not take the job but I live just a couple of hours away and try to make it out there at least once a month to soak up some knowledge from him and his students.
    I was very impressed with the lack of ego's from his students (even though with their level of game they could defenitely have one) they were all great and all of them helped me with the drills and even in the live rolls they would show me how to change some things to improve my game. I come from the Gi world which I do enjoy and I have incorporated the 10P game into my school and since doing that I went from always getting tapped by the higher belts to having them in bad spots and tapping them with 10P moves. I got our best blue that should be a purple with a couple of electric chairs and last week I got him in rubber guard and finished with all the steps to omoplata. I learned in my second class the pyramid and I have fallen in love with the position and been able to get these guys with triangles and arm bars from that set up.
    I have to say that by learning this system it has raised my level in my school to the point of now I am always paired up with the blue belts in our rolls and holding my own. When I tried traditional BJJ moves I get owned and 10P has been the difference maker for me.
    I want to say a big thank you to the entire team in SF and I cant wait to travel out there again soon and I am planning a trip to So Cal in summer so I will defenitely be coming to see Eddie and the team at HQ!! I do agree most people in the Gi world hate Eddie and I just quitely laugh as I tap them out with his system that they say is a joke.

Thanks 10th Planet world and I am glad to be a Ronin who is calling SF 10P my home away from home!!
    Scott

Array

School
    10Th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Francisco
    Scott From the bottom off my heart thank you those words you just wrote above mean a lot. I am very happy to hear that you enjoy my teaching, academy atmosphere, and student's. Thank you for being a dedicated and loyal student to 10th Planet and making a 2 hour drive each way that is dedication, I know that personally since I have been traveling for the last 8 plus years and making that 1 hour flight and 1 hour drive to train with Eddie. Stay on the path keep drilling dive deeper into the pyramid and the half guard game. Btw personally after 11 plus years off doing Jitsu Jitsu and 8 plus training with Eddie I see how important it is for a beginner and smaller person to focus on developing a half guard first with the lockdown which Eddie talks about in his book in Mastering the Rubber Guard(pg52 opening paragraph), since in the beginning you want to survive and not get your guard passed and mounted and then sweep or sub and get on top or get back to full guard and work the Pyramid. Either way your safe and if you played right with the grips(over hooks, underhooks, head control, and 2 on 1(lockdown) your safe and don't even get hit or get subbed. Stay on the path keep focusing on improvement

Array

School
    Infinite JJ
    No problem Denny, its all just keeping it real. I am blessed at the school I go to because my instructor is awesome and although he is not a Bravo fan he encourages all of us to figure out our own style and to learn when we are not in class and he does support me fully in my BJJ learnings.
    I have really been working the lock down game and it works really well for me except when I'm at your school then it is rough to catch someone in it and I just have to hope for a deep half and work from there.
    Most of they guys now at my gym are starting to see the benefits of learning different styles and not be so focused on just one thing because if you try differnent styles you are sure to find one that fits your style and your body. Our top student is the one who got me into the system and because of his game and how tough he is people are starting to ask him how to do the moves and everytime I come back I drop the knowledge on him and he just takes it to another level which is cool. He is legit from the pyramid and hasnt even had a real 10P class just what I showed him that you taught me.
    BTW I rolled today and tryed to get that twister side to deep hook to arm bar but I need more practice but got to the deep hook and F'd up the transition to arm bar.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Ur a lucky man Scott, denny has one of the strongest affiliates if not THE strongest affiliate in the association, remember, 10pSF went 12-1 at the Gracie Nationals earlier this year and 10pSF is in the lead for Moon of The Year 2012. Thank you Scott, for your dedication and loyalty, we all appreciate it tremendously
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Infinite JJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Ur a lucky man Scott, denny has one of the strongest affiliates if not THE strongest affiliate in the association, remember, 10pSF went 12-1 at the Gracie Nationals earlier this year and 10pSF is in the lead for Moon of The Year 2012. Thank you Scott, for your dedication and loyalty, we all appreciate it tremendously

Yeah he and his team are beasts!
    I will hopefully be down in June to peep out one of your clases. Taking little one to Legoland and told the wife I need one free day to roll at HQ.
    Thank you for your acknowledgement Master Eddie!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    This was really inspirational. When I get home, I cant wait to start training with Denny at his school. There is so much I want to learn and the possibilities seem endless with this system. I haven't been this excited to do martial arts since I started Judo in high school. The enthusiasm everyone brings to the table when being taught under Master Eddie is amazing. I always feel champions are born when surrounded by positive pro-active people and 10th Planet has that at all levels. I am so convinced I already signed for the 10th Planet Traincation in Las Vegas in July. I hope to see you there Scott. Good training hope to meet you someday you just cemented my decision that 10th Planet: San Francisco will be where I build my foundation with the help of Denny and Master Eddie Bravo