Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Rubber Guard Basics: Tips for a Beginner?

Hey Guys Ive been training now for about 6 months and am just starting to favor the rubber guard over a standard closed guard. It just seems like its a money area to really key into as my bottom game really could use improvement. Any tips on what to really focus on while rolling to improve my Rubber Guard? Thanks guys!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Repetition!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Don't forget about your opposite leg if it gets smashed and passed you will have a tough time staying in good position.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Kung Fu Move is where most people fall apart. Rep until it's second nature.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Like Mike said be cognoscente of where your other leg is and what techniques you have at your disposal from various positions IE meathook or flying kung fu to stop or counter the pass, foot on hip to counter them blasting through your RG, crackhead control to counter the stack, leg curling to counter them backing out etc etc. Also what has helped my RG more than anything has been to make grabbing the overhook as quickly as possible anytime that your opponent gives it you instinctual, basically just taking advantage of their mistakes/lack of RG awareness. Hope this helps!

For just starting: get Mission Control and New York down pat first. Don't just grab your leg. Underhook your ankle and pull it to you, squeeze that knee to your chest. Really just clamp onto the guy like a bear trap.
    Also don't forget your other leg, that ankle must be buried in his hip pocket or else riding up to his shoulders for Double Bagger.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Also get your lockdown really good and tight so it kills there leg ! That way if they manage to pass the other leg they get hurt in your lockdown and next time they wont even wanna pass it after a while of getting it crushed lol and it'll give you more time to get used to being in RG while they think of what else to try lol