Array

School
    tiger martial arts accademy head coach

help cutting weight

I have competed in a few tournaments at my natural weight of 180...for this next one I wanna get to 155..i have until April 25 and right now I weigh 175 I twisted my ankle and I have just got back into the gym. Is it to late to try for 155...any help wil be appreciated

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    U can do it. From this point on water fruits and vegetables only. if you're taking protein don't take more than 40 mg a serving (that's what the body can process in one serving) and try to keep it to 3 or 4 servings a day. The protein will help with the hunger, and you should choose your favorite fruits to snack on as small portioned meals (maybe 4-6). Be sure to continue training. If you have access to a fat burner that will help with energy and sweating out the water weight. I really like atrophex from bsn. Gi and sauna suit sessions help too. I went from 195-165 in three weeks for the fight in my avatar, it's more than possible, you just gotta be diligent.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Just make sure you don't rush the process to fast, if you find yourself getting more tired and in training you haven't been eating enough. Especially when it gets close to competition days, you don't want to overdo it. Is the competition weighs in the day before or the mornings of? If you moderate yourself you won't have to rush to rehydrate that following morning and have it taking a negative effect on your performance. Good luck!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Just make sure you don't rush the process to fast, if you find yourself getting more tired and in training you haven't been eating enough. Especially when it gets close to competition days, you don't want to overdo it. Is the competition weighs in the day before or the mornings of? If you moderate yourself you won't have to rush to rehydrate that following morning and have it taking a negative effect on your performance. Good luck!
    the weigh ins are the night before the fight or the morning of..but I wanna weigh in the night before so I have time to replenish my body from the cut...

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    When you make weight the night before, I don't know if you have a lot of experience with it. But right after you should eat really small meals every 30 minutes I would usually start with a banana, water and pedialyte to help rehydrate first, you can actually make yourself sick if you eat to much right after you make weight since you're body is in catabolic state. The more you ease into it you will realize you'll put on the weight faster and have edge on the less experience weight cutters.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Save the last 5 for the day of the weigh ins and water cut those last pounds. Salads and smoothies are the way to go. When I say salads I mean nothing but veggies no dressing, Real fruit not sugar filled frozen mixes, and up you water intake. You can also add a whole cut up smashed lemon to 64ozof water to help due to the diurect*spelling? properties. There are some teas out there that kind of cleanse you out to help. Good luck cutting sucks balls. Go to bed angry(hungry).

Array

School
    Thank you guys for all your help with this...one of the guys I train with just told me to drink alot of cranberry juice since it will make me piss alot...anyone have any information about that

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    Cranberry Juice is a diuretic, it's a natural cleanser, as well as lemon juice. It also has a good concentration of Vitamin C to keep your immune system in check while your body goes under the stress and transformation of cutting weight. Since your kidneys are processing a lot of toxins out of your body during the intense training the constant "flow" cranberry juice provides actually is really beneficial. Stick to Organic brands and away from Cocktails or concentrates though. Organic cranberry juice is nasty as hell so don't pray for Ocean Spray lol.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    2 galons of water every day for at least 6 days before the weigh in. Its hard, but its the easiest way to cut water. I usually can drop about 10lbs for the cut with this technique and a little sauna/sweat suit work

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    As a wrestler through high school and in college breifly, I would highly reccomend drinking at LEAST a gallon or water per day. And by water I DONT mean vitamin water, I DONT mean soda, I DONT mean Kool-Aid. Take a gallon jug and fill it with straight water. Lighten up on your diet, 2 or 3 small meals of fruits veggies and maybe a 2 oz chicken breast would be a great start. the water will help hold back your hunger, if you take protien/creatine that will help muscle performance/recovery and also slightly stave off your hunger.
    And most importantly... DONT CHEAT! One big meal or fast food inbetween can KILL your progress. Trust me... Ive messed it up before. And you would hate to cut 8-10 lbs in 24 hours. :/
    Good Luck!!!!