Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

going over enemy lines... need a gi. tips?

After jumping around countless schools here in jacksonville, i realized the only consistent training i can get is going to have to be in gi (gi bjj is better than no bjj). so any tips for buying one? (brands, minimum i should pay, weaves, etc..). in foreign territory here so let me know!

Array

School
    NextGen MMA/Ronin
    noooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Array

School
    In my mind
    Bjjhq.com usually has some awesome deals for like $80-$100. I own a couple live,love, fight gi's and the quality has been excellent. They each came with a ripstop pair and a med. weight as well. Get used to swearing your ass of and painfully fingers and forearms lol.

Array

School
    Morning Star Jiu Jitsu - Denver
    There's nothing wrong with training in the gi. You'll learn a ton and I'm sure you can get some nogi rolling in with training partners. Be humble and enjoy the BJJ journey.

I personally like the Gameness Pearl gi. It's light, strong and comfortable. BJJHQ is a good place but if you need a gi right away then just order from www.budovideos.com
    Tim Gillette | Owner/Instructor
    Morning Star Jiu Jitsu - Denver
    www.MorningStarJJ.com
    info@MorningStarJJ.com
    720-917-4014

better to train in both than just one. ask any world champ

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Fuji gis tend to be the cheapest while still having a BJJ cut. Judo cut gis are always cheaper but be prepared to have your crotch snagged up on dude's feets because they are durable, baggy, $60 gis.

Seems like the Gi's everyone wants these days are 450gsm pearl weave tops, 10oz ripstop pants w/ pearl weave gusset and knee pads, with the Shoyoroll-ish cut. They're light, dry fast, and fit well. It all depends what kind of design you want. Some brands that provide this are Oauno, Shoyoroll, LiveLoveFight, Prana, and Ctrl Industries. At the end of the day, a gi is a gi. As long as it doesn't rip apart (SubmissionFC), you should have no problems.

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe
    I have this gi and for 90 bucks I really can't complain. It's great for summer not too heavy.

http://youbuynow.shoplifebrand.com/E...-p/bjj-ew2.htm

Array

School
    Indianapolis Carlson Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    my fluer de lis bamboo lucky gi is the best gi on earth. my On The Mat 420 isnt bad either. my instructor has a gameness gi thats pretty awesome. has a built in rash guard. stay away from the cheap gis on piranah gear. make sure if you do visit piranah gear.com that you do NOT get the Shockwave brand. i have 2 of them that i bought when i was in your situation. just need a gi to start training. i still have them but with my OTM gi and my Lucky Gi there is no reason to use them anymore.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    There is no better Gi to roll in than Origin. Below is a picture of their new Comp 500 Gi models for 2012. Go to www.originbjj.com and have a look!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast