Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    anything not yet explained by science. There are a lot of reasons why he may have never had a seemingly supernatural experience of some kind to realize there are some things science may not ever be able to explain. There are somethings that are not supposed to be known by everyone, also for multiple reasons.
    Anything and everything that I don't understand can simply be attributed to "God did it." I have proof of His existence as well. Here's the FSM sighting over Hamburg, Germany which I believe in my heart, through my devout faith, is 100% real.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    Anything and everything that I don't understand can simply be attributed to "God did it." I have proof of His existence as well. Here's the FSM sighting over Hamburg, Germany which I believe in my heart, through my devout faith, is 100% real.

I will say I was a disgruntled athiest for some years. Did a simple kundalini color meditation and had an awakening that same night that was a connection to something that cant really be put into words. After that weird things would happen every once and a while or more often then before the awakening, so I started writing them down. I stopped writing stuff down when stuff started happening regularly. So I started experimenting with more books. I didnt fully loose the athiestic outlook until I did a meditation on seeing something/someone that I thought didnt work , but it just ended up working when I didn't expect it to and scared the absolute crap out of me. Im not sure if I should got into full detail of what happened but most people wouldnt believe it unless it happened to them personally. Even after a crazy experience you can still get sucked back into the illusion of this environment.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    That stuff was just the beginning and happened years ago.

Things are more complicated than we have been conditioned to think they are.

Also a lot of the books I read and experimented with were full of crap and some did more damage than good, but most of the stuff ive read was just building a foundation of understanding
    Last edited by Sean Marshall; 04-04-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    I also practice Kundalini Yoga, and I have felt the awakening you are describing. It is impossible to describe the feeling you get, but it's like an inner energy coursing through your body. It's a great feeling that I brought on via breathing techniques, out of my own accord.

However, there is so much shit in the Universe that we do not understand including our very own existence, yet people feel a need to put the label of God on it. Just because something is followed by a lot of people and written in an ancient text does not mean it is the truth. In fact, meditation has moved me even further away from a God and closer to myself and my own experiences. This is why I do not attribute my "kundalini awakening" to God, I attribute it to myself.

I see a lot of people use the name of their God and say they go to church every Sunday, claiming that they are a good person, yet they are actually the most cunty people I have ever known. On the contrary, I also know a lot of cool people who believe in God. This led me to the idea that it's not belief in a higher power that makes you a good person, it's only the willingness to be nice that matters.

In regards to your book reading:

Quote Originally Posted by Shakyamuni Buddha
    Don't blindly believe what I say. Don't believe me because others convince you of my words. Don't believe anything you see, read, or hear from others, whether of authority, religious teachers or texts. Don't rely on logic alone, nor speculation. Don't infer or be deceived by appearances.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Chow View Post
    there is so much shit in the Universe that we do not understand including our very own existence, yet people feel a need to put the label of God on it.
    I used to feel the same way Jay, but then I saw him appear to me in my breakfast,

and in my iron, I know Noodley Appendages when I see them,

and when I looked through my telescope whilst pondering the meaning of life and the universe I saw this,

I could be totally wrong, and maybe God doesn't exist, but why take the chance? If I'm right, there's a beer volcano and stripper factory waiting for me in Pastafarian heaven =D.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Holy fuck...it appears I was wrong. Ramen.

Array

School
    You've just been touched by his Noodley Appendage my carb-laden brother.

R'amen.

Remember that every Friday is a Pastafarian holy day and that beer and pasta is a good way to celebrate.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    I do agree that there are many things in life that can't be explained. People use religion as a scapegoat and tell others to live life because that's how "God" made it. I was born in a Christian family but i don't believe in Christ. I believe religion is social manipulation and gives power to priests and pastors. Even Greek mythology is bullshit, I can't believe how people used to believe in that non-sense, that gods intervened with earth and had supernatural powers. No religion has ever been proved to be real, so there's no reason to believe in them

This is just my point of view, I'm not saying I'm correct.
    Last edited by Jason Koh; 04-04-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Koh View Post
    I do agree that there are many things in life that can't be explained. People use religion as a scapegoat and tell others to live life because that's how "God" made it. I was born in a Christian family but i don't believe in Christ. I believe religion is social manipulation and gives power to priests and pastors. Even Greek mythology is bullshit, I can't believe how people used to believe in that non-sense, that gods intervened with earth and had supernatural powers. No religion has ever been proved to be real, so there's no reason to believe in them
    My religion doesn't allow me, nor does it allow anyone in it to oppress anyone be it homosexuals, women, people of other religions, etc. Here are the Pastafarian commandments given to Mosey, atop Mt. Salsa.

THE EIGHT I'D REALLY RATHER YOU DIDN'TS

1. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Act Like A Sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou Ass When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If Some People Don't Believe In Me, That's Okay. Really, I'm Not That Vain. Besides, This Isn't About Them So Don't Change The Subject.

2. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjigate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Dont Require Sacrifices, And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People.

3. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Judge People For The Way They Look, Or How They Dress, Or The Way They Talk, Or, Well, Just Play Nice, Okay? Oh, And Get This Through You Thick Heads: Woman=Person, Man=Person. Samey-Samey. One is Not Better Than The Other, Unless We're Talking About Fashion And I'm Sorry, But I Gave That To Women And Some Guys Who Know The Difference Between Teal And Fuchsia.

4. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Indulge In Conduct That Offends Yourself, Or Your Willing, Consenting Partner Of Legal Age AND Mental Maturity. As For Anyone Who Might Object, I Think The Expression Is Go F*** Yourself, Unless They Find That Offensive In Which Case They Can Turn Off The TV For Once And Go For A Walk For A Change.

5. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Challenge The Bigoted, Misogynist, Hateful Ideas Of Others On An Empty Stomach. Eat, Then Go After The B*******.

6. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build MultiMillion-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/ Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick): A. Ending Poverty B. Curing Diseases C. Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable. I Might Be A Complex Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM The Creator.

7. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Go around Telling People I Talk To you. You're Not That Interesting. Get Over Yourself. And I Told You To Love Your Fellow Man, Can't You Take A Hint?

8. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You If You Are Into, Um, Stuff That Uses Alot Of Leather/Lubrication/Las Vegas. If The Other Person Is Into It However (Pursuant To #4), Then Have At It, Take Pictures, And For The Love Of Mike, Wear A CONDOM! Honestly It's A Piece Of Rubber, If I Didn't Want It To Feel Good When You Did It I Would Have Added Spikes, Or Something.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    My religion doesn't allow me, nor does it allow anyone in it to oppress anyone be it homosexuals, women, people of other religions, etc. Here are the Pastafarian commandments given to Mosey, atop Mt. Salsa.

THE EIGHT I'D REALLY RATHER YOU DIDN'TS

1. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Act Like A Sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou Ass When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If Some People Don't Believe In Me, That's Okay. Really, I'm Not That Vain. Besides, This Isn't About Them So Don't Change The Subject.

2. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjigate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Dont Require Sacrifices, And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People.

3. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Judge People For The Way They Look, Or How They Dress, Or The Way They Talk, Or, Well, Just Play Nice, Okay? Oh, And Get This Through You Thick Heads: Woman=Person, Man=Person. Samey-Samey. One is Not Better Than The Other, Unless We're Talking About Fashion And I'm Sorry, But I Gave That To Women And Some Guys Who Know The Difference Between Teal And Fuchsia.

4. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Indulge In Conduct That Offends Yourself, Or Your Willing, Consenting Partner Of Legal Age AND Mental Maturity. As For Anyone Who Might Object, I Think The Expression Is Go F*** Yourself, Unless They Find That Offensive In Which Case They Can Turn Off The TV For Once And Go For A Walk For A Change.

5. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Challenge The Bigoted, Misogynist, Hateful Ideas Of Others On An Empty Stomach. Eat, Then Go After The B*******.

6. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build MultiMillion-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/ Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick): A. Ending Poverty B. Curing Diseases C. Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable. I Might Be A Complex Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM The Creator.

7. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Go around Telling People I Talk To you. You're Not That Interesting. Get Over Yourself. And I Told You To Love Your Fellow Man, Can't You Take A Hint?

8. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You If You Are Into, Um, Stuff That Uses Alot Of Leather/Lubrication/Las Vegas. If The Other Person Is Into It However (Pursuant To #4), Then Have At It, Take Pictures, And For The Love Of Mike, Wear A CONDOM! Honestly It's A Piece Of Rubber, If I Didn't Want It To Feel Good When You Did It I Would Have Added Spikes, Or Something.
    Why is this directed towards me?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast