Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Melbourne
    don't let your mind wander.

you can get away with mistakes at white belt, maybe even with blue belts for certain things, but there's no way in hell you can make a mistake against a purple, brown or black and get away with it. Be sharp.

and stay tight, if you don't know what's going on or are uncertain about what they're trying to do, keep everything tucked in tight and play a tight guard game. And stay out of unfamiliar waters, no north south if you don't know it well enough.

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    to quote bruce lee "don't think... feel. It's like a finger pointing to the moon."

It really is a mindset. don't be in awe of their rank. continue to move and work. Staying still or just hanging in there doesn't win matches so don't waste time thinking or catching a breath. This usually gives opponents more confidence and time to advance when they are already in dominant positions. Remember to use pimp arms, head control, and know when it's time to open your guard rather than prolong getting your close guard passed.

It's quite apparent when your the aggressor and you're running up against solid text book defense, rather than thicken the plot, if you feel you've come to a stop sign you should work for something else. the idea is to continuously remain a threat with out getting caught.

Array

School
    shadowhouse jj 10th planet ronin
    1st off good thread and this thought has crossed my mind many times! I went against a guy who tapped out my instructor at a tourney and I was happy when I went the distance! It felt great but I used my cardio to my advantage I think thats the best edge against a higher ranked person in my opinion but you never know cause it is jiu jitsu!

Array

School
    GB Freestyle Judo Club, Holly BJJ
    Just because you are a blue or whatever doesn't mean you don't have purple level chokes or guard etc... The key will be training on putting your opponent in that position from anywhere. Train your shit and go giant killing lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    i agree with slick rick. its all mental.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Toehold

sorry, it's all I got

Array

School
    SIMS / 10th Planet Omaha
    Better cardio + pushing the pace of the match is the obvious answer to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12