Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

Can someone give an unbiased/accurate judgement as to who won based on IBJJF rules?

Please be unbiased. Scott in black 10th rashguard, Vince is the other guy.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Hi Louis. Thanks for the post. What was the final score? I get mixed up on the scoring. When Scott was looking for the arm bar and did a swim move style duck under, and his opponent came out on top, I hope that guy wasn't awarded points for a sweep. It would be interesting to know the play by play with points in the background.
    Scott did well though. Nice control of his opponent.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Why was Sam saying its 8-8 tie?

Array

School
    IMAC Buena Park, CA
    I got Vince, 8-6

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Was there a takedown we didn’t see at the beginning? Someone says 6-2 but I saw 6-0 (2 for the sweep and 4 for mount) then someone said 8-2 after the pass? Is IBJJF not 3 for the pass? I just googled it to be sure, and it confirmed this is indeed so, so based on the video 9-0 to me. There is no points for escapes or sweeps without a guard in IBJJF so the swim move thing that left him on bottom of guard is no points and leaves it 9-0. The ref signals no points after the near pass after that. Still 9-0. Then, opponent gets a pass and the mount (3 for the pass, 4 for the mount) 9-7. My count had Scott winning 9-7. If there was a takedown or sweep at the beginning that was not recorded (like the person yelling seems to suggest) then it’s 9-9 and winners is based on advantages. I’d have to watch it again to try to call those, but they can be so subjective and there were so many instances where they could be awarded, that it’s anyone’s guess. If there were takedown points at the beginning then I’d say the decision was legit based on advantage (I’d have to look closer, but it’s hard to argue that). Also, are you sure this is IBJJF rules (the person yelling did not think so?)
    Regardless great match guys, the winner on points is not always the best grappler anyways!

The dude that was keeping score put up 8-8 for a while but fucked up and changed it back to 8-9 for Vince. Either way it was a good math nonetheless. Scott will come back strong next time and fuck things up

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Bergeron View Post
    The dude that was keeping score put up 8-8 for a while but fucked up and changed it back to 8-9 for Vince. Either way it was a good math nonetheless. Scott will come back strong next time and fuck things up
    How does anyone get 8 for Scott?... 2(sweep)+4(mount)+3(pass)=9

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Scott = 9 points for the win
    Not sure how that happened.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    It's hard to say because the video starts during the match. I had it dead even until Vince got mount. I think that was the deciding factor.

Array

School
    10th planet Barranquilla
    i got 9 - 8 scott winning too. Vince is thought as hell. Is incredible how Scott handled him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast