Array

School
    GGBJJ

My Spring 10th Planet Tour!

I've paid for the Rochester East Coast Training Camp & booked my flights for a trip to the west coast. I limited my west coast destinations to cities that have a 10th Planet school (and where I had a free place to stay).

As a 10P ronin without a nearby no-gi jiujitsu school this is a huge deal for me. Especially since I've been muddling through a separation & divorce (w/ kids) for the last 5 months. This break is just what the doctor ordered. On the agenda:

05/04 - 05/06 Rochester
    05/19 - 05/23 HQ
    05/29 - 06/09 Vista
    06/11 - 06/20 Eugene
    06/20 - 06/28 Portland

In addition to all of the good rolling I want to try out the capoeira & breakdancing classes at Vista. This shit sounds like fun! And I'm definitely looking forward to meeting more of the 10th Planet family.

T minus 28 days to go & counting...

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I would strongly recommend anyone training in JJ (especially 10th Planet) to give capoeira a try. I've trained on and off for the last 5 years. Not only is it incredibly fun but great for flexibility and balance. Enjoy your trip, Mike. What's the emoticon for jealous? If you wanna see a great capoeirista using his skills in MMA, check out Marcus "Lelo" Aurelio. He's the head instructor of my Capoeira Grupo and fights for Battlefield Fight League out of Vancouver. Great ambassador for capoeira!

Array

School
    10WO
    Aw hell yeah Mike! Congrats on getting to head out west! You're gonna have a complete blast man!

Awesome Micheal! 10th Planet Portland welcomes you...see ya soon!

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Man this trip keeps getting better! I've got 2 more schools on the agenda now. I really may need to take Shannon's advise & get myself a camera to blog my travels - who knows how long it will be until I get a chance to do anything like this again.

04/23 - 05/03 Charlotte
    05/04 - 05/06 Rochester
    05/19 - 05/23 HQ
    05/29 - 06/09 Vista
    06/11 - 06/28 Eugene, Portland, Vancouver WA

Array

School
    Yes I live in Vancouver and a HUGE follower of the local am/pro scene. The school he trains at is by the far best capoeira in van. he is fighting on this months upcoming BattleField card in Nanaimo Bc. Hes fighting undefeated rising prospect Matt Dweyer from Kelowna Toshido MMA . This is definetly a step up in competition from "Lelo"s last opponent who was a hockey enforcer who was making his MMA debut..

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by CodyBrito View Post
    Yes I live in Vancouver and a HUGE follower of the local am/pro scene. The school he trains at is by the far best capoeira in van. he is fighting on this months upcoming BattleField card in Nanaimo Bc. Hes fighting undefeated rising prospect Matt Dweyer from Kelowna Toshido MMA . This is definetly a step up in competition from "Lelo"s last opponent who was a hockey enforcer who was making his MMA debut..
    Who is fighting Matt Dweyer on the BattleField card? Someone from Eugene or Portland 10P JJ?