Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu jitsu Orange park
    Ditto to Buddo Jakes post I hate them and don't get hurt enough to put one on for BJJ. MMA/Kickboxing diffrent story.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    End of the day, you are going to get hit occasionally, or at least you might. It usually won't be too hard or direct. It's about the same chance as any other sport you play - people throw around limbs and objects, eventually nuts get hit. But you get a little more used to it (as much as possible at least, it's never fun), and as said above, way better at defending it yourself. Plus your opponents will be better at not hitting you as they get better.

Basically when you are going to see people getting hit hard is white belt v white belt. Just don't fight really stiff (no pun intended) or at 100% strength, and focus on technique over power, and you will avoid the most common way of getting hit there: doing it to yourself. You are going to be more annoyed with the irritation of the cup from the movement of your thighs, and when your cup gets into one of a few weird positions (sorry to get graphic) like it's edge over your nuts or turned sideways, it'll hurt way worse than a quick shot.

...Gotta say, if someone were to design a BJJ cup that was actually well done, I bet it would sell...

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    the best cup/compression shorts I ever had/have is the Jaco cup
    I had shockdoctors and Nutty buddy and I can say that they are shit compared to Jaco. They use the same principal as the thai cups with straps to keep the cup in place. The cup won't go anywhere. Doesn't restrain or stop you from moving even if you're really flexible.
    Might be a bit more expensive that the shockdoctors but it's totally worth it

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I saw some cup called the spider guard. Looked super flexible on the site but dont have one. Anyone out there use one. Here is the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rODITL7r6O8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12