No Gi Training in Toronto

Does anyone know of any no gi focused gyms in North York? Headrush seems to be the most reputed in the area. I'd prefer 10th Planet but from what I've seen Openmat is no longer affiliated (and is downtown), and Peterborough is far out of the way.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    10th Planet Bethlehem isn't too far. I'd suggest that if you ever have the time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    10th Planet Bethlehem isn't too far. I'd suggest that if you ever have the time.
    I think Bethlehem is like a 7 hour drive from Toronto. Rochester would be much closer.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    TBJJ
    10th Planet Peterborough has you both beat. It's an hour and 15 minutes away from downtown Toronto and is run by the very legit Stew Landry. They have Open Mats on Friday's from 7 - 9pm, and I think they have something Saturday mornings as well.

If you are looking for a place to train full time in Toronto, then Toronto NoGi would probably be your best bet if you want to focus on nogi. They aren't affiliated with 10th Planet, but they are focused on NoGi so you'll will see a lot of 10th Planet moves (lockdown, rubber guard, etc).

Of course, if you aren't afraid of the gi, I would implore you to give Toronto BJJ a try. We are, beyond a doubt, the best competition school in the country. We only have two NoGi classes per week, but we have managed to produce multiple (between 5 - 10) NoGi World Champions. We also have a 30 day, no obligation, free trial so it doesn't hurt to check us out.

Array

School
    Looking for a 10th Planet Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayylmaoeee View Post
    Does anyone know of any no gi focused gyms in North York? Headrush seems to be the most reputed in the area. I'd prefer 10th Planet but from what I've seen Openmat is no longer affiliated (and is downtown), and Peterborough is far out of the way.
    I am pretty much in the same boat as you are. I was looking into Openmat because of their affiliation with 10thpjj, but apparently that's no longer the case. I am surprised that there isn't a 10th Planet academy in Toronto - Not just an affiliated school. I wonder if anyone could shed some light on that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Oceanside
    Toronto NOGI is like right next to you haha, check them out, instructor Ian was a 10th planet brown belt to my knowledge. Wish i knew you were looking for partners earlier when i first moved to Toronto. Unfortunately i'm moving back to southern California in the next couple week.