Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To: Eddie Bravo

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network

To: Eddie Bravo

Eddie, I only get 2 training sessions a week where I'm training and I make sure I make the most of them. I try to compensate by stretching everday to get my flexibility up to JJ... How did you get so flexible, is there a vid you have up or a list of stretches you do to get so flexy for JJ.

Good vid, It should be a mandatory to watch. Not necessarily what your looking for but a good vid none the less

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network
    Yeah I've seen this one, it's what got me to start stretches for JJ as much as possible, doing the butterfly, hamstring and stuff but wanna know what Eddie does, or of he could make a video that would be amazing I'd even pay to see it

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    In the Mastering the Rubber Guard book there is a section on stretching pages 40 to 50.

Array

School
    Salem
    I believe I heard Eddie and some of the dudes saying those stretches were outdated and put to much stress on the knees. I'd say just roll every day and do the basic stretches for your legs, torso, back, shoulders, and neck. If you are going to classes there has got to be a dude there that is really flexible. Emulate that dude or look up the Rebel Yoga DvD 10th Planet's got floating around. I believe its out by now.

type hip stretches into google and find your own thing.

wealth of knowledge here to peruse at your leisure.

It's written regarding flexibility for tricking, but it carries over to JJ.

Array

School
    Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hoback View Post
    wealth of knowledge here to peruse at your leisure.

It's written regarding flexibility for tricking, but it carries over to JJ.
    Thank you for this! I've been trying to find this again forever!

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network
    Yeah I've been looking into tricking stretches. Naturally I'm not very flexible but I'm doing everything to become so. Watching Eddie roll and other extremely flexible guys motivates me to get so. I made a compilation of all my fav songs into a 30 minute playlist on my iPod and edited it so every 35 seconds there was a beep to switch stretch. Very relaxing and helps JJ a lot. I just don't wanna be missing stretches important for JJ translation.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorrrrrrrrr View Post
    Yeah I've been looking into tricking stretches. Naturally I'm not very flexible but I'm doing everything to become so. Watching Eddie roll and other extremely flexible guys motivates me to get so. I made a compilation of all my fav songs into a 30 minute playlist on my iPod and edited it so every 35 seconds there was a beep to switch stretch. Very relaxing and helps JJ a lot. I just don't wanna be missing stretches important for JJ translation.
    Thats a really good idea! Im definitely gonna have to to do that, but i went to HQ a couple of weeks back and when i asked Eddie about stretching he told me "if you really wanna get serious results your gonna have to be stretching 2-3 times a day" I have found this to work in my favor i saw results in my rubber guard. Much easier to pull it off now, so not only stretching everyday but multiple times a day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast