Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Yeah all you guys are correct. I mean if I don't post it, some other parents will, especially when Cora is jumping into the scene the way she is. John you are right, the lockdown is almost there. She uses well enough to get out of some situation, but still need alot of work, afterall, its only been 2 weeks. Dog fight?? boy the more and more I get into this 10thplanetJJ, the more I learn that I haven't even scratch the surface of the potential that are in here. Now more and more I find myself teaching her more 10PJJ than anything else. Last night she spar with a couple of the bigger kids and when they tried to pass her guard, she put the lockdown on them, got them so frustrated and the coach was right on top of it trying to figure out what she was doing.... I just have a huge grin, hiding my face behind the camera as I record them. The kids just didn't know what the heck that was. And while watching some of her recent tournament vids, I notice she using more and more of 10PJJ techniques, and I"m sure the other coaches is on to it also.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    I post mine, people like to see them and I do well at tournaments occasionally. I don't mind my videos being posted but I will never post training videos.
    You're funny!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    My feeling is when I'm competing I am imposing my WILL on them. It doesn't matter what they have seen I know the defense to my attacks and I will win anyway.

Rep hard, post often, get noticed, win big, and prove 10th planet is for real.
    This!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    In my opinion, once you get to the next level, and you start game planning against opponents weaknesses, the whole subject of not publicly showing matches just always seemed a cheap way of protecting ones secrets.
    I personally would have no problem with someone game-planning their grappling game against mine, especially if they have the proper tools to utilize my weaknesses. Because to me, you are not a complete fighter (or grappler, what have you) if you are not thinking through several levels of opportunities and scenarios. They want to play against your game? Fine, bring it to them and make them PROVE that they can stop you, because its only fair and noble if they so choose to know who they are fighting. Advantages should be created through proper training, not through secrecy.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    No. I don't worry about this.

Bruce, you might be a tad overbearing. The best advice I could give you would be to instead of trying to progress/maximize/control your daughters journey from the bench and to start taking it with her on the mats.

We can all make assumptions from second hand observation, but the knowledge are constantly seek can only be gained on the mats. There's no other way to put it.

I know your on the wrong end of thirty, banged up from basketball(probably chronic knee and back issues right?) and that you have limited time and expenses. These are factors in life that we look at and envy when we see our youth doing it. We say "Damn, if only I found this when I was younger". All I can say is once you start you will never regret a single day and all of your questions will be answered in turn and hold more validity. I have never heard anyone say, "Man, I wish I never started jiu jitsu"

It is what it is and once again I wish you and Cora the best of luck

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Nah, i dont really worry too much about it. When they see me with the logos they can think what they want. I hope they get worried. It'll make beating them that much easier.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Bobby: I'm on the good end of 40 now brother.... As much as I want to get into Jiu Jitsu, it would be a dream come true to be doing this along side my daughter. Image us, father and daughter team competing side by side. But that is only a fairy tale for us. People who knows me know that I don't ever give excuse. However, my story is 40 years in the making. You see when I was in my country (cambodia) before the war, my mother mess up my shoulder. Never got the whole story from her but she said that one day she yank on my shoulder and she heard a "Pop" coming out of it. Keep in mind that my country is still back in the cowboy and indian age where medical attention is not available. After that day she remember me always crying all the time. She learn to live with it. Well the problem didn't surface until I was 13 and growing. One day my uncle notice that one of my arm is shorter than the other, he joking hint it to me and we didn't take notice of it. When I was 14, me and my friends start working out and getting bigger, but I notice that my right shoulder isn't getting as big as my left. Also at that time I was very competitive in basketball. ANd guys would always make fun of my shot, it just look funny/weird to them. I guess it didn't bother me as I am use to it and learn to play as I am. I didn't know how bad my shoulder was until I was training really hard to make the team. I got really good, but being barely 5'5" wasn't cutting it especially with a bad shoulder. So I join the power lifting team instead, trained really hard and was able to outlift most of the football guys. I was only 128 lbs back then was benching 200, deadlift 500, and squatted about 520. I was on the 1000 club. Made it all the way to state in my senior year and even met that WWE wrestler Mark Henry. During that time the inflamation on my shoulder was so bad that I can't even sleep. So finally we went to see the Dr and they showed me my x ray. I have NO HUMMERAL HEAD!!!! MEANING I don't have a "ball and socket" like normal shoulder. I have a socket with a pancake. It was flat, which mean I have very limited range of motion in my shoulder. The Dr was surprise that I was able to do what I do now. But he told me that as I get older, those things will be gone as well. I will also start to develop early for or arthritis. So in any sport, you need to have good range of motion, if not, you are basically useless. With basketball, I'm a great outside shooter because I don't need to arch my shot that much, but as I get closer to the rim, I am terrible. With that being said, when i roll with Cora, she always ask which arm is my bad one so she won't attack it, because if she get an armbar, omoplata, kimura and crank on it just a tad, it hurts. Now this is a 10 year old girl, imagine what a grown man will do to me. No sir, Jiu Jitsu is a great sport and I love it for Cora, but not for me. Can't afford to get hurt, need to take care of the family. I only play ball 1 day a week now to stay in shape. I am overbaring because I see so much potential in my daughter, she is so athletic as I was, and with the right guidance, she might become somebody.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    I would be careful posting her vids online an not for most of the reasons mentioned above. I used to post all of gabs vids online when she was younger but stopped doing it because of the negative comments and issues it brought about. It ranged from everything between fetishes perverts offering her money to put their 'head between her legs' an squeeze to death threats from people who felt females have no business doing anything other than cooking an cleaning. The Internet is a sespool of scumbags and losers who hide behind keyboards and spew hate. You have no idea the kinds of shit people would send her. What she did do was create a fan Page on facebook an post the vids there. All comments in YouTube were disabled an the vids were posted on YouTube could only be seen via a link (so you couldnt search for it on YouTube). I also would not use her real name in vids... Maybe her first name an a nickname. I wouldn't worry about competitors seeing vids... As long as she's constantly evolving she should be good.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    I would be careful posting her vids online an not for most of the reasons mentioned above. I used to post all of gabs vids online when she was younger but stopped doing it because of the negative comments and issues it brought about. It ranged from everything between fetishes perverts offering her money to put their 'head between her legs' an squeeze to death threats from people who felt females have no business doing anything other than cooking an cleaning. The Internet is a sespool of scumbags and losers who hide behind keyboards and spew hate. You have no idea the kinds of shit people would send her. What she did do was create a fan Page on facebook an post the vids there. All comments in YouTube were disabled an the vids were posted on YouTube could only be seen via a link (so you couldnt search for it on YouTube). I also would not use her real name in vids... Maybe her first name an a nickname. I wouldn't worry about competitors seeing vids... As long as she's constantly evolving she should be good.
    Damn Thats Fucked Up. That type of situation had not even crossed my mind. I don't even know why people have to take that shit there. They should see Jiu Jitsu as Jiu Jitsu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12