Backstep to counter the lockdown

Hey guys,

recently I managed to catch my trainer in the lockdown and he was able to backstep. It looked something like this, with the small twist that I still had a lockdown on him during his transition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFyWK5Bh3NM (start at about 2.40).

My question now is: How can I counter the backstep (since in the first few moments I feel there often is a window for it) and what can I do once he backstepped? I tried to find an answer on the forum and online beforehand. If my question was already covered and I overlooked it, I apologize in advance.

Kind regards,
    Patric

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    I believe it's called a capoeira pass in 10thplanet system. The way I see it, there's a sweep called the Godfather which you can use for two things, depending on your opponent's reaction. Either a sweep or recover full guard. Generally, I go with the momentum and bridge to try to sweep to mount, but you have to sweep that hand he's basing with beside your head using the classic comb hair old school move. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iB5nlIeZR8 (see 2:55). If you can take away that hand, it shouldn't be too hard to mount or just finish sweep and create space to scramble. Note: If your lockdown is super tight, he has to be very careful not to twist his own knee

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    If the lockdown is in you should be clinching his upper body in any way, always. A lockdown without an upper clinch will destroy your lockdown. A buttock compressor blows lockdowns apart too and that only happens when you have a lockdown without a clinch
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

@ Eddie
    Not clinching enough is certainly a part of my problem and I'll keep your advice in mind. Thank you very much!

@ Ladi
    Your hint (capoeira pass) lead me to MTS 61, where my problem was covered in great detail. Thanks to you, too.