Array

School
    Non 10thPlanet

If I am blue belt in other school, am I blue belt in 10th planet?

Imagine a guy who is blue belt and join a 10th planet school. His blue belt is from Gracie Barra for example, but now he is training with 10th planet, so, is he a 10th planet blue? or he is white in 10th planet?

Thanks in advances bros

Array

School
    Non 10thPlanet
    Quote Originally Posted by stan myaskovskiy View Post
    Hey there.
    As far as I understand it...
    10th planet incorporates a lot of things that traditional schools do not. Lockdown, rubberguard, etc are all unique to our system. Being said, if you come in as a blue belt in Gracie Barra you are just that. A blue in Gracie Barra.

Whether you are "technically" a white belt or unranked in 10th planet, idk.

However,
    You still need to earn your belt and show proficiency and understanding of 10th planet techniques to earn it.
    Great! that is what I was looking for

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Master the warm ups, & get to an official school as much as possible.
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

Array

School
    Non 10thPlanet
    Quote Originally Posted by john harris & sons View Post
    Master the warm ups, & get to an official school as much as possible.
    Thats what im doing, at the end of the year I hope to be in London 10thplanet. But at the moment Im in a gi traditional bjj school.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by milojitsu View Post
    Imagine a guy who is blue belt and join a 10th planet school. His blue belt is from Gracie Barra for example, but now he is training with 10th planet, so, is he a 10th planet blue? or he is white in 10th planet?

Thanks in advances bros
    Quote Originally Posted by stan myaskovskiy View Post
    Hey there.
    As far as I understand it...
    10th planet incorporates a lot of things that traditional schools do not. Lockdown, rubberguard, etc are all unique to our system. Being said, if you come in as a blue belt in Gracie Barra you are just that. A blue in Gracie Barra.

Whether you are "technically" a white belt or unranked in 10th planet, idk.

However,
    You still need to earn your belt and show proficiency and understanding of 10th planet techniques to earn it.
    Not quite. All legit jiu jitsu belts transfer over in 10th Planet, except black belts. If you have a blue belt (or purple/brown) under a qualified instructor, you come in as a blue belt (or purple/brown) in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu. If you are a black belt, you come in to the system as a 10th Planet brown belt. You must master all the 10th Planet specific techniques (ie: Lockdown half, Rubber Guard, Twister techniques, etc.) to earn a 10th Planet black belt.