Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Gracie Brothers' Response to Jiu-Jitsu Rape Incident

On New Years Eve, a woman was raped by two men. All three people train at the same Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu school on the East Coast. In this video Ryron and Rener discuss their thoughts on the incident and explain what must be done to prevent incidences like this from happening ever again. Share this video with martial artist you know, and we may save a life.
    Last edited by Jack LaBarge; 01-18-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    It seems the video was cut short. FIXED!
    Last edited by Jack LaBarge; 01-18-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Sam Sales

Everyone in jj should watch this :-)

Andrew T

Ryron and Rener are great representatives of the sport. They touched on so many good points that I wish the guys at my old gi academy would listen to.

After watching America's Team or whatever Irvin called it, I saw some things that may have were troubling.
    They pack these guys into a house and make them eat, sleep and train and that's it. No time with girlfriends, relaxation, privacy or anything. It's like a modern day Sparta. All they do is think about winning and tapping. Irvin is yelling at them in live takedown drills doing exactly what the Gracie bros said not to do. As they gain rank and skill, they move into better spots in the house. This one kid was late 5 minutes for practice and they demoted him back down to the basement where he was sleeping on the floor with 3 or 4 other guys in one room. Then the older kid is talking shit to him and taunting him when it's clear that the kid is devastated because he worked so hard to earn that bed.
    I would go crazy in an environment like that. I don't know if those scum were the same ones living in the house when the rape happened but that's not a way for anyone to live. This aggressive, dog eat dog atmosphere may have warped their mindset so bad that it may have contributed to the incident or maybe they were just coward trash to begin with.

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T View Post
    Ryron and Rener are great representatives of the sport. They touched on so many good points that I wish the guys at my old gi academy would listen to.

After watching America's Team or whatever Irvin called it, I saw some things that may have were troubling.
    They pack these guys into a house and make them eat, sleep and train and that's it. No time with girlfriends, relaxation, privacy or anything. It's like a modern day Sparta. All they do is think about winning and tapping. Irvin is yelling at them in live takedown drills doing exactly what the Gracie bros said not to do. As they gain rank and skill, they move into better spots in the house. This one kid was late 5 minutes for practice and they demoted him back down to the basement where he was sleeping on the floor with 3 or 4 other guys in one room. Then the older kid is talking shit to him and taunting him when it's clear that the kid is devastated because he worked so hard to earn that bed.
    I would go crazy in an environment like that. I don't know if those scum were the same ones living in the house when the rape happened but that's not a way for anyone to live. This aggressive, dog eat dog atmosphere may have warped their mindset so bad that it may have contributed to the incident or maybe they were just coward trash to begin with.
    Have to admit I found that quite harsh too. I know I could never live in a house with that many dudes in that kind of atmosphere. It is too high stress for me. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Thanks Sam. The original video they posted last night was 10 mins. long and was cut off. They release the new one which is 30 minutes long so if watched the original one last night you missed about 20 mins.

lol...in case you couldn't do the math.
    Last edited by Jack LaBarge; 01-18-2013 at 05:43 AM.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T View Post

those dudes signed up for that shit and could have quit any time. stress & being horny is not a reason to rape people. they asked to live in a house full of sweaty balls & dousch baggery. And if it's that bad just jerk off in the shower.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    I have only trained a combined month or so but I have been to 4 different schools to find the right one and I can say the peeps I train with at 10th planet have made me feel like I am at home. Like the gracies are talking about I have never felt more on a team of people wanting me to improve.

Andrew T

Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    those dudes signed up for that shit and could have quit any time. stress & being horny is not a reason to rape people. they asked to live in a house full of sweaty balls & dousch baggery. And if it's that bad just jerk off in the shower.
    I totally agree. I wasn't defending them in any way whatsoever. Just trying to get in their heads and think why the fuck they would do that. Those cowards make me sick. Irvin needs to scrub that fish bowl really fucking hard cuz that water is murky as fuck. That's my impression from ONE video... Personally, I would hate that training atmosphere.
    Last edited by Andrew T; 01-19-2013 at 02:58 AM.