Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    The primary goal of a hotbox is to work on developing an affiliate/moon, its not necessary to do a hotbox first, but its an option for those that aren't at the appropriate rank/skill level... The system is working as intended.

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...otbox+criteria
    I understand. I think informal training with some local people interested in meeting up to train with me, would work better for me. I think the Hotbox thing is a bit above what I'm looking for.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    I understand. I think informal training with some local people interested in meeting up to train with me, would work better for me. I think the Hotbox thing is a bit above what I'm looking for.
    The hotbox was originally like a gracie garage as others have said. Originally there was no mention of the goal of a hotbox being to become a moon necessarily and the criteria was a bit lower than it is now. It was a little higher than a Gracie Garage to start with in order to maintain credibility. Some folks were exploiting the 10th Planet name with their hotboxes witch is why things changed. They ruined it for people like you, which is why I was against the changes at first, but then when I saw how the current rules were being exploited, I was for the changes. And I was the only member of the 10wo that expressed concerns in the first place. As someone who has seen it from the inside, no one is going to back starting a 10p program lower than a hotbox right now. You however, would be an example of someone I would love to have on board and that I'm sad your filtered out by this process.

All that said, I think you might be able to make the hotbox thing work for what your speaking of if you want.

All the best my friend!

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    You however, would be an example of someone I would love to have on board and that I'm sad your filtered out by this process.

All that said, I think you might be able to make the hotbox thing work for what your speaking of if you want.

All the best my friend!
    Thank you. I really appreciate your words in this thread and your taking the time to give some background on how the Hotboxes evolved into their current incarnation.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    I understand. I think informal training with some local people interested in meeting up to train with me, would work better for me.
    This is what we do. We get together a couple nights a week to drill the warm ups and whatever is latest from MTS or other 10th Planet instructors.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Like Herzog said, we can't advertise and promote hotboxes, it's not fair to the official moons that have gone thru the proper affiliation process
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Like Herzog said, we can't advertise and promote hotboxes, it's not fair to the official moons that have gone thru the proper affiliation process
    Oh snap, got Eddie himself to reply )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12