Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix and Fabio Santos BJJ (Team Monstro)
    i say seriously work on your wrestling his jiu jitsu does really suck get him past the 1st round and if hes tired hell basically run in for the clinch once that happens take him down and work on passing his guard if hes anything like he is now hell go back to habit when hes tired so hell just strike from bottom just blow it off and pass his gaurd just dont take his jj that lightly remember if he has even half a brain hell be working on that and if they know about your jj hell be working on getting up......so basically work the hell out of your wrestling his clinch doesnt look like you gotta be that worried about it either im sure youll be fine and will rep 10th planet well good luck bro

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Acherbo View Post
    i say seriously work on your wrestling his jiu jitsu does really suck get him past the 1st round and if hes tired hell basically run in for the clinch once that happens take him down and work on passing his guard if hes anything like he is now hell go back to habit when hes tired so hell just strike from bottom just blow it off and pass his gaurd just dont take his jj that lightly remember if he has even half a brain hell be working on that and if they know about your jj hell be working on getting up......so basically work the hell out of your wrestling his clinch doesnt look like you gotta be that worried about it either im sure youll be fine and will rep 10th planet well good luck bro
    Oh yeah, bro. I'll be covered in 10th Planet gear for that fight. But thanks bro, and everyone else. I got some good advice. Time to put in the sweat.

Array

School
    BlackMat MMA Whittier
    I got a great gameplan for you and some nice tips for you, and I love helping people out.

He definitely seems to be a physical guy, he loves the clinch, and he likes to use his strength to muscle people around. He loves to grab onto the fence and keep you there and deliver some knees as well. So watch out for that. His cardio doesn't seem too great, and his striking is probably no where near yours.

So here is what you should do:
    Work on your cardio and make sure you're in tip-top shape for this fight. Work on your wrestling for sure. I would try to mix it up and keep him guessing, and keep him off balance. Unbalancing an opponent is the best way to defeat them. Work on your wrestling and mix in takedowns, and pick him apart on the feet. Use body kicks, leg kicks, knees, and whatever you possibly can. A fight you should study is the second Frankie Edgar-BJ Penn fight. Frankie kept BJ guessing and off balance and won.

Have an answer for anything and everything he gives you. For his clinch, there are a variety of things you can do.

-Work on your clinch defense, and try to reverse the position if he gets it on you.
    -Again, work on your wrestling and you can attempt a takedown.
    -Knees and uppercuts!
    -Pulling guard.
    *Only pull guard if you feel comfortable off your back and make sure you stay active! Many MMA fighters have very dull guards, so make sure you stay active and STILL keep him off-balance. Threaten him with submissions, and stay active off your back delivering elbows.

Make him fight your fight, and when he tries to make you fight his, beat him at it! Have an answer for everything he can possibly give you. Keep him off-balance and keep him guessing and the fight should be yours.

Good luck!

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andys562 View Post
    I got a great gameplan for you and some nice tips for you, and I love helping people out.

He definitely seems to be a physical guy, he loves the clinch, and he likes to use his strength to muscle people around. He loves to grab onto the fence and keep you there and deliver some knees as well. So watch out for that. His cardio doesn't seem too great, and his striking is probably no where near yours.

So here is what you should do:
    Work on your cardio and make sure you're in tip-top shape for this fight. Work on your wrestling for sure. I would try to mix it up and keep him guessing, and keep him off balance. Unbalancing an opponent is the best way to defeat them. Work on your wrestling and mix in takedowns, and pick him apart on the feet. Use body kicks, leg kicks, knees, and whatever you possibly can. A fight you should study is the second Frankie Edgar-BJ Penn fight. Frankie kept BJ guessing and off balance and won.

Have an answer for anything and everything he gives you. For his clinch, there are a variety of things you can do.

-Work on your clinch defense, and try to reverse the position if he gets it on you.
    -Again, work on your wrestling and you can attempt a takedown.
    -Knees and uppercuts!
    -Pulling guard.
    *Only pull guard if you feel comfortable off your back and make sure you stay active! Many MMA fighters have very dull guards, so make sure you stay active and STILL keep him off-balance. Threaten him with submissions, and stay active off your back delivering elbows.

Make him fight your fight, and when he tries to make you fight his, beat him at it! Have an answer for everything he can possibly give you. Keep him off-balance and keep him guessing and the fight should be yours.

Good luck!
    Thanks bro, that is a good break down of what I need to do!

Array

School
    BlackMat MMA Whittier
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffRace727 View Post
    Thanks bro, that is a good break down of what I need to do!
    No problem man.

When is your fight? And at weight will this fight be at?

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andys562 View Post
    No problem man.

When is your fight? And at weight will this fight be at?
    January 22 or 23 I'm not too sure. But I will be at 155 for this fight.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    From what i saw in just that fight.. id say uppercuts and angles are going to be your best friend. Watch how he goes for the clinch EVERY time. He puts both hands straight out in front of him and looks down at the mat. (sometimes he'll throw a quick jab first), but hes always got that zombie walk while looking down. So knowing that, id say work from the outside. pick him apart.. but practice cage awareness/angles. He's going to be coming straight at you and he'll be doing it with his head down.. which means he cant see you very well. Which means you need to make sure you arent running straight backwards/forwards, play the angles and stay out of his zombie walk. either side step and throw some body kicks (those would land PERFECT on a guy like that since his arms are straight out.), or you could work the uppercuts well. With him looking straight down and neither of his hands blocking his head, you should get some great opportunities for those. But just remember to keep moving around when you do it. (knees wouldnt be a bad choice either when he looks down like that) As long as you dont stand straight in front of him you shouldnt get caught in the clinch. I'd say staying on the outside with pretty much any decent striking game and this kids screwed. I didnt really see any display of striking outside of the clinch on his part. Worst case scenario if things arent going how you like it, take it to the ground and beat him there. And if youre going to pull guard you might as well try for a takedown or sweep while youre going down, if it works gnp or work him from the top, and if he ends up on top, that was where you were wanting to go anyway so youre still good. :P

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Thanks. That is basically my game plan, to stay on the outside and work all different types of strikes. Especially leg kicks, I probably have the hardest leg kick in my school. I once TKO'd my sparring partner with 3 kicks to the leg, in a row. I like to stay on my toes when I fight, so I'll be able to use my speed and get my jab out there easy, not to mention I'll have a reach advantage. When he reaches in for clinch, I'll just angle out and whip with a kick or maybe a hook depending on how close he gets. I want to keep the fight standing now, so I probably won't pull guard. But if all else fails, I'll be looking for a sub hardcore.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Punch and kick him in the face until he quits or goes to sleep.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234