After seven events each, EBI submission rate is 72% while Metamoris is only 32%

http://www.strikescoremma.com/blog/2...-and-metamoris

This sport is going to blow the fuck up! Praise the sacred plant.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorWolf View Post
    http://www.strikescoremma.com/blog/2...-and-metamoris

This sport is going to blow the fuck up! Praise the sacred plant.
    Interesting!

My two cents:

EBI Discourages stalling because you wont get paid if you win in OT, Unlike Metamoris it is a tournament style, where we see fatigue happen and they get caught etc.

I think for Superfights Metamoris is the best, the production quality, camera angles, etc, but in my opinon most super fights only cater to the Grappling fan. We often see these matches go to a draw because most of the competitors would rather compete for a draw then get caught in a submission. (Which is lame) but it makes sense, they're getting paid regardless (Or not getting paid as of late lol RALEK)

Where as EBI since it is tournament based, you're able to see 16 potential winners, build a bracket, who is a darkhorse, determine a clear favorite, and then have a champion who when the time comes, will have to go again, against 15 guys to keep his belt. The incentive to submit is huge because no regulation submission = no money. I'd like to see EBI maybe infuse new Commentators, TJ is great and all but lacks a fundemental knowledge of what's going on. I'd love to hear Rogan calling these matches along side Nick the tooth, or Scott Ross, but I feel like there needs to be more enthusiasm on their end.

I think the commentators have done a great job thus far, I'd just like to see someone who's not calling a potential armbar attempt a potential toe hold attempt, to where Scott Ross has to correct him. He's still learning, maybe TJ will get better as time goes on, which it seems like he has, but I love that Goldberg/Rogan style of commentating.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    Interesting!

My two cents:

EBI Discourages stalling because you wont get paid if you win in OT, Unlike Metamoris it is a tournament style, where we see fatigue happen and they get caught etc.

I think for Superfights Metamoris is the best, the production quality, camera angles, etc, but in my opinon most super fights only cater to the Grappling fan. We often see these matches go to a draw because most of the competitors would rather compete for a draw then get caught in a submission. (Which is lame) but it makes sense, they're getting paid regardless (Or not getting paid as of late lol RALEK)

Where as EBI since it is tournament based, you're able to see 16 potential winners, build a bracket, who is a darkhorse, determine a clear favorite, and then have a champion who when the time comes, will have to go again, against 15 guys to keep his belt. The incentive to submit is huge because no regulation submission = no money. I'd like to see EBI maybe infuse new Commentators, TJ is great and all but lacks a fundemental knowledge of what's going on. I'd love to hear Rogan calling these matches along side Nick the tooth, or Scott Ross, but I feel like there needs to be more enthusiasm on their end.

I think the commentators have done a great job thus far, I'd just like to see someone who's not calling a potential armbar attempt a potential toe hold attempt, to where Scott Ross has to correct him. He's still learning, maybe TJ will get better as time goes on, which it seems like he has, but I love that Goldberg/Rogan style of commentating.
    100% man. no disrespect to any of the commentators, but it kinda bugs me they get in Bruce buffer, and Joe has his name on the event but can't come out to color commentate?

I know, I know. Still, I can dream.

I feel almost like Metamoris matches are too long, to encourage fighters to really go for it.. I feel like fighters fight conservatively the first 10 minutes to last the 20, but get tired for the second 10. Metamoris is a great event, with some AWESOME superfights, but I feel they need an overhaul of their rules, to prevent "Draws"... Every event we are lucky if we see a submission, and if neither fighter gets a sub it goes to a "DRAW" even if one person completely dominates the other (***Cough Cough*** Eddie vs. Royler)...

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    72% finish rate. I think the UFC is only around 60% with KO's and Subs combined.