Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Fight Sports the Falls (Miami)

CJJ (keeping your JJ honest)

I did just smoke a fat bowl so i might have to read it back later on to see if I sounded dumb or not.

I was thinking just a couple minutes ago about how slaps are only allowed on the floor, but they should probably be allowed standing up too. Of course it isn't now because we're thinking of it in a ground and pound and survive or getting hit while transitioning or going for a submission kind of way(only assuming, not like I've asked Eddie Bravo himself). There's no point in not having it standing up. Most people when they think about using jiu jitsu in a fight, they tend to worry about the elite striker who can keep distance but still tag you, has good takedown defense, something like that, some striker that can just light us up. So why not allow stand up open Palm strikes to:

1. Showcase how you'd go for a technique if getting lit up from whatever distance, close or far, people tend to she'll up physically and almost insinctly when getting lit up if they've never trained any sort of striking martial art, even grapplers
    2. Knockouts or tap out to strikes can become an occurrence (plus I don't think* that slaps or Palm strikes while painful and having potential to ko someone, it isn't like and elbow, or punch, getting hit by all bone, palms are waaaaay softer
    3. Guys will start considering training their boxing to then apply it in CJJ when Palm striking. This next part might be cooky, but if guys who are already elite on the ground start training boxing to Apple the technique in CJJ with Palm strikes instead of fist, having some sort of experience and training in striking might give that person confidence to then be more encouraged of not already to pursue MMA, giving us MMA fighters who can strike, but are just ELITE on another level at grappling, particularly jiujitsu. That of course only happens if the person were to pursue mma, or even worry about training their hands for Palm strikes in CJJ.
    4. Points can be assessed, since striking with your hands while standing can happen so fast and frequent, combos coming in chains of 4 or even 5 should be rewarded but not until the match will go to OT where points are assessed like other EBIs. Each strike landed can account for a tenth of a point, it won't win you the round because there aren't any points until OT ,BUT a tally can be kept so if somehow each OT round ends in a draw and you have to calculate who won based off time of submission escapes, you can then also add in the number of strikes that resulted in a tenth of a point, how ever many points it may be, 1 or 2 or 3 etc.

Again I'm baked and already see a couple of flaws in how the points would be factored into times of escapes but either way, I think it can only keep the jiu jitsu MORE honest while still having jiu jitsu be the primary way of victory but every now and then someone can get a bitch slap so hard they see stars. For example this past weekend in a CJJ match, Vagners, the winner of the tournament was in a match where someone (forgot his name) charged at him. In a real fight which in a way is what CJJ is trying to represent while not doing it completely in order to keep jiu jitsu as the focal point of the activity but keep it honest when strikes are involved. Guys will get better at shooting for take downs, guard pulls or unseen or rare techniques used to defend while getting LIT UP may be seen.

All just a thought but an interesting one in my opinion. Then again as cool as that would be, CJJ is super entertaining as is.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Cjj is about ground fighting, nothing else
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Open Mat
    I love it its beautiful.
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by LuT View Post
    I love it its beautiful.
    I’m working on getting upkicks allowed, gonna run it by the commission. Some competitors were feeling too comfortable standing over their opponent who was in open guard. Allowing upkicks will force the guy standing to get down and pass the guard. Again, cjj is all about Jiu Jitsu. The strikes weren’t added for tkos, they were added to open up submissions

Array

School
    Gracie Palm Harbor (purple in regular BJJ)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I’m working on getting upkicks allowed, gonna run it by the commission. Some competitors were feeling too comfortable standing over their opponent who was in open guard. Allowing upkicks will force the guy standing to get down and pass the guard. Again, cjj is all about Jiu Jitsu. The strikes weren’t added for tkos, they were added to open up submissions
    Yeah, watching this CJJ event really made me rethink open guard. I'd be interested to see how allowing upkicks changes things.

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Can you flip the guy of and call him names if he is not willing to engage in a ground fight? After all its jiu jitsu aint upkicks a bit rude?

I could see kicks to the knee beeing cool tho , to the face im not so sure they gonna make the fighters engage.
    We live on a bowl.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    All the top guy has to do is get on his knees to avoid upkicks. Upkicks are legal in amateur Mma and you practically never see upkicks knockouts

Array

School
    Open Mat
    All the top guy has to do is get on his knees to avoid upkicks. Upkicks are legal in amateur Mma and you practically never see upkicks knockouts
    But aint that what you want so for there to be action on the ground?
    Thats enough to make them wrestle no?
    Haha on the upkicks i bet its going to be a show seeing black belts through upkicks
    We live on a bowl.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by LuT View Post
    But aint that what you want so for there to be action on the ground?
    Thats enough to make them wrestle no?
    Haha on the upkicks i bet its going to be a show seeing black belts through upkicks
    The upkicks will force the guy standing to pass the guard

Array

School
    Open Mat
    The upkicks will force the guy standing to pass the guard
    So you are banking on the top guy getting opportunity to pass and not on the bottom guy having a way to make the top guy aggressive? I guess upkicks is better then stomps to the stomach ...
    Will kicks to the knee be allowed from any of the participants and will the kicks that Enson Inoue was doing to Randy Couture in there fight be legal?
    I still feel that kicks will make it a whole other sport tho
    but dont get me wrong i would love to see and participate in it someday
    We live on a bowl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast