Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness

10th Planet Jiu Jitsu dreams

Post any 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu related dreams or nightmares that you can remember and care to share.

This was a couple months ago, so Im hoping I didnt forget parts of it. Was in your usual open space mma school a little bit before class started. 2 people I know were in the bathroom using a cannabis pipe (leaving their names out since I know them personally). All of us peeps waiting for the class to start could hear the lighter flicking from outside of the bathroom which was a little awkward. They tried to act normal when they came out but everybody knew what they were doing in the bathroom and no body cared. Then Bas Rutten walks into the building to start teaching the class. He says he has a rubber guard defense he wants to show me. Couldnt remember what he did or if it worked the next day when I woke up. But while we were grappling he said he had a sharp pain in his neck that was traveling down his right arm and making his right hand hurt so we had to stop. Then we started sparring with wooden staffs(me vs Bas along with the rest of the class). Not sure why we would stick fight in an mma gym but thats the last 10th Planet related dream I had. If I can remember any other dreams I had, I will post em.

Just to get it out of the way Bobby Rivers will probably interpret this dream to mean Im gay and have aids and can use Robitussin to solve these issues

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    It's not necessarily his honest interpretation, more or less just optimistic hopes.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    I've had an Alphabrain induced lucid dream scenario that I've been able to return to several times on random nights... the dream takes place in a large parking lot out from of a generic Walmart type superstore and basically the dream is just me surrounded by a circle of people who come at me one at a time in a never ending repeating pattern, random people every time, and since its MY dream they are kind enough to come one at a time and I'm of course uber godly at 10PJJ, so I proceed to annihilate them each individually with whatever moves I'm able to conjure up. It's quite entertaining, and I've always wondered.... does that count as repping? I'm thinking maybe 1 lucid dream rep = maybe 50 real life reps? Hah! Wishful thinking perhaps. :-)

Andrew T

This first one happened a few months ago. I was rolling with a red belt (the man was not identified) and we both were wearing the gi. I was in the mount and I secured an arm triangle. I didn’t move to the side or put knee on belly though. I just stayed in mount and got the tap from there. I remember thinking that I may have gotten the idea for the dream from watching Rick Story submit Brian Foster with an arm triangle from inside Foster’s closed guard (or maybe it was half guard). I must have gotten the idea of rolling against a red belt from watching “Choke” where there are some scenes of Helio rolling with Royce. Joe Rogan said something to the effect of I don’t think I have ever seen that before and that just shows how crazy strong this kid is. He didn’t have any leverage just pure squeezing power. Btw I don’t really think I would be able to submit a red belt or a Gracie. Helio is a legend and so is Royce. The way Royce dominated UFC 1, 2, 3, 4 and then fought to a draw in 5 was incredible considering they had no weight classes and no time limit and he fought 3 times a night in 1, 4 times in one night in 2, and 3 times in one night in 4! That triangle that he landed on Dan Severn was pretty amazing considering Royce is 170 and Severn is 250 and they were both tired as fuck and Royce was on the bottom for 15 minutes straight when he hit that.

Andrew T

This 2nd one was pretty cool because Eddie and Joe were in it. This one happened about a month ago. I didn’t roll with anyone in this one. Joe had just gotten done submitting some dude with a twister in Abu Dhabi so we are all back in the locker room and Eddie is breaking down Joe’s victory. Joe was sweating and he had yellow and orange flames tattooed around his neck to his jaw line and he had short spiky black hair. About 10 dudes including myself are sitting in a circle and Eddie is on Joe’s left and I am to the left of Eddie. We are listening to Eddie break down the set up and the execution while he is smoking a blunt with a 4 or 5 inch ash that defied gravity. Then once the blunt got down to Eddie’s fingers Joe says “yo man can I hit that?” and the dream ends.