Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    AJ didn't "master" any rules. He just went out there and grappled and won. Getting a takedown isn't mastering rules, it's just grappling. Denny and AJ both looked good and had good matches. It didn't fall Denny's way this time, but it was close, and I'm sure he's training hard for the next one.
    The evidence is open to interpretation. Using his "best kumite" match as a reference, he played a points game even though it was sub only. And that's his overall style. That's how much it's engrained in him. I believe he's mastered the pints game. That's my interpretation of the evidence. That's how I perceive it.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    The evidence is open to interpretation. Using his "best kumite" match as a reference, he played a points game even though it was sub only. And that's his overall style. That's how much it's engrained in him. I believe he's mastered the pints game. That's my interpretation of the evidence. That's how I perceive it.
    In sub only 99% of competitors break themselves on his points game. Then he finishes a gased, desperate, nearly defenseless opponent. If somebody can nullify your game till your game falls apart, well then that's part of the game.

Locking in a sub and having to let go sucks in any circumstance. I feel Denny is getting valuable experience at the highest level and he is right on the verge of wrecking shit. 300.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I guess I just feel like maybe you haven't seen some guys that genuinely play a "points game". Try watching some Pablo Popovitch matches. Tanqhinho who beat Rafa Mendes and Cobrinha this year is a master of it. He knows when to shoot on your guard pull to steal the 2 points, when you're almost out of bounds to attack, and guys like that work every possible angle. There are some "points players" out there that really exploit the rules system, and despite how conservative you may think AJ is trust me there are far worse offenders.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Awesome match. I loled listening to Eddie getting so passionate with the coaching. Awesome. It was almost like being there.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post

I guess I just feel like maybe you haven't seen some guys that genuinely play a "points game". Try watching some Pablo Popovitch matches. Tanqhinho who beat Rafa Mendes and Cobrinha this year is a master of it. He knows when to shoot on your guard pull to steal the 2 points, when you're almost out of bounds to attack, and guys like that work every possible angle. There are some "points players" out there that really exploit the rules system, and despite how conservative you may think AJ is trust me there are far worse offenders.
    I definitely agree. There's obviously a little bias when Denny gets, hosed due to a technicality.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    I agree with you, It's shitty, but a lot of those traditional guys are realllllllyyyy good at playing the rules. It happened to me in my finals match in the Chicago Open last month. the guy took me down, backed out of my guard and just stalled me out on the feet. Lots of guys are content winning by stalling and getting two points, 10th Planet guys are the opposite, if they didn't sub you they aren't happy with the win. It's all in the "Teams" Mindset.
    True shit!
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Lame.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Their tournament and their rules. How many times must we argue about rule sets we don't like and then compete in them

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Denny is the better submission artist. Thats all that matters.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567