Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

Erik Koch Out, Frankie Edgar Fights Jose Aldo At UFC 153 In Brazil

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/31...ufc-153-brazil

According to Erik Koch's manager @MMAInc, he suffered a knee injury yesterday and is "devastated."

The Answer steps in. I just hope he has an answer for those leg kicks
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network
    I like Frankie's personality and his determination to not get finished... Not the biggest fan of him trying to squeak out rounds to win fights then be all confused the judges had it the other way... His fights are almost always close and some are gonna go the orher way when that happens... But This fight could quite possibly put Frankie on a 3 fight losing streak in the UFC, which is strange to think... Aldo will be the favorite and my money is def on him but I think Frankie could pull it off. I think his cardio, wrestling, and boxing are better than Aldos but Aldo's BJJ, Kicks, and ferocity to finish us better than Edgar's.

I think Aldo will come out strong in the first 3 rounds and Edgar strong in the last 2... Aldo 48-47 with everyone talking rematch my prediction

Array

School
    Gracie University
    I think he has it in his contract to only fight title fights...
    There were a bunch of people in line for a shot at Aldo, and he certainly shouldn't of got it coming off too losses.
    Controversial title fight losses or not.

If he loses the fight, which there is a high chance he will, then he will just seem lost between divisions.

He just lost twice to Bendo, and decided finally that lightweight wasn't for him, and now if he goes down and loses his first fight, against the champ no less, then he will feel like he doesn't belong at that weight either.

Then what?

This is just too soon.
    If they tossed him some upper tier fighter that would of made more sense, but the champ?

I feel bad for Edgar if he loses.
    Honestly though, I would hate even more to see Aldo lose.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I like Edgar a lot but even Bendo was nailing him with those leg kicks. Aldos leg kicks are murderous. Ill be rooting for Edgar but wont be surprised if we see Edgar carried out by his corner because of those leg kicks.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Sam Sales

Great. I like Koch but this fight is way more interesting to me. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    The leg kicks wont do anything. Frankie will take them and keep coming after Aldo.. I also think Frankie having a fight just a few weeks ago will be to his advantage. I have Frankie pulling off the upset by decision.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/31...ufc-153-brazil

According to Erik Koch's manager @MMAInc, he suffered a knee injury yesterday and is "devastated."

The Answer steps in. I just hope he has an answer for those leg kicks
    About as much an answer as Urijah Faber me thinks.

Sam Sales

I don't think Frankie will play that game with Aldo. Plus tbh Edgar has much better footwork than Faber.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Edgar win this by ground and pound tko round 4. This is a good fight. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Don't think Edgar will take Aldo down he'll get finished, heart and all. Aldo is a fucking murderer.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    I don't think Frankie will play that game with Aldo. Plus tbh Edgar has much better footwork than Faber.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Edgar win this by ground and pound tko round 4. This is a good fight. :-)
    I hope so.

So since this is Fe first fight at feather, do you guys think having to cut weight will affect him? It seems like the first fight in a new weight class screws with fighters and they dont perform at their best
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast