Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    akka overland park
    @mitch

I will have to check you out at KCBJJ. Right now i go to AKKA Overland Park where we train 10th planet exclusively, Brazil Academy, and 68 inside sports.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    @ Matt

Who are the grappling coaches over there?

Array

School
    akka overland park
    right now matt mcdaniel. i forgot the guy from brazil academys full name, but everyone calls him Ninja and i just started at 68 inside sports. they have 3 WEC fighters who train there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Kevin, jiujitsu is the best weight loss plan. Just do it. We have one guy at my gym who lost 50 pounds in his first year doing nothing but running every other morning and 2 jiujitsu classes a week. I lost 20 pounds eating like a pig and doing 3 jiujitsu classes a week. Just do what you can and never feel like you are slowing the class down, because most of us started as the dude who slowed the class down.
    I thought losing weight going to class would be bullshit.

I came in around 220, and I walk around in the middle of the day at 200 exactly. I eat "healthy", but I tend to eat large portions. I don't run, I don't lift, nothing but the dojo (although lately I've been slacking).

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Jiu Jitsu can be a great way to lose weight... especially when you just get started.

GO TO OMAHA. That's all I'm saying...

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Sparks View Post
    I'm 383, I started my diet/exercise at 393 & my highest weight was 398. I'm just trying to get down to below 300lbs & I'll probably start training then. I'm still in hopes of moving to Houston, TX & training at Gracie Barra under Drac. Also I want to train at Texas World Class Boxing under Kenny Weldon.

I'm gonna go check back with the doctor when I get to 300lbs & do some blood work. Hopefully my blood pressure will be way better, my cholestorol will hopefully be way better & my liver will be way better. Last time I checked, I had a fatty liver.

I agree, KCBJJ is the best BJJ school in the area. I haven't been there but that is the only school in KC with actual credentials.
    Check out "Yogamazing" on iTunes. I've known some big dudes who have thrown that in their daily schedule and have lost some pretty good weight in 6 months. Oh, and it's FREE.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    All I have to do is switch to a high protein diet and I start dropping weight at a rate of 3-5 pounds a week. Jiujitsu is a crazy work out.

Array

School
    akka overland park
    that's about right for me. 3-5 pounds per week. i have dropped 55lbs so far 300 to 245. my flex is way up too. i guess now its time to car pool it out to omaha and springfield. all i'm saying is that there is a huge market for a 10th planet school in KC. someone should get in on that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12