Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Holy moly...this thread is gold! Gonna work on integrating this into my game.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian "Darkside" Gomez View Post
    Thanks for the trip down nostalgia lane. I feel like the forums were so much more active back in the day. I remember all the debates over the puppet master series. I was into speed cubing at the time so I was desperate to make the Rubix Cube fit into my game. No-gi-grappling.com is still my second most missed website (Lockflow.com is the first). C'est la vie. I'm pretty sure one of the following is what you are looking for
    I was about to say that Jason was very active in Lockflow for a long time. Too bad that site is no longer around.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    What I found was interesting is the origins of the Master Blaster seems to go back to the 90's with Walt Bayless, but it would be cool to see if maybe it goes back further. I ran it today on one of my team's blue belts and I am thinking about trying to set it up from bottom side control to create space for a butterfly hook.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Used the master blaster today. The butterfly sweep was pretty easy but my training partner was able to suck me into his closed guard. Need to work on refining this!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    Reverse kimuras are definitely legit. This Muriplata looks like a variation of The Duda (one of my favorite 10th Planet Techniques). I have been working on refining a reverse kimura setup, finish, and combo into a bicep slicer from top side control. I also understand Budo Jake is releasing a DVD soon on the reverse kimura and I might be dropping dollars on a DVD for the first time in a long time. https://www.budovideos.com/products/...d-by-budo-jake

PS: I am embedding the muriplata video for you. http://youtube.com/watch?t=181s&v=8eIZSsxG30g
    Yeah definitely one of my best closed guard moves is the reverse kimura to arm drag-- simple but so effective. Once you get the reverse kimura grip, you twist your body in, push the wrist into his ribs as though you're going for some weird shoulder lock, then release the inside wrist control and grab behind the tricep for a vicious arm drag to the back. Works really well against people who are used to your rubber guard or just people who generally guard against the overhook.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12