Array

School
    10WO

Stateline Grappling June 30 Competition Videos- Sub Only

Here are my matches from this past weekend. Sorry there aren't any highlight reel finishes for this one, but as soon as I'm able to I'll be back on the mats putting in work for next time. This was my second no-gi jiu jitsu tourney and first time competing in intermediate.

Sorry my first match is split into two parts, apparently my phone won't take longer than 10 mins of video. Luckily my wife was able to adjust and I don't think there was much footage lost. Also, you gotta love the commentary she picked up trying to keep an eye on our 6 year old and film as well.

I'm in the grey shirt.

Array

School
    10WO
    part 2:

It's not really clear on the video, but I was starting to gas a little and that kimura felt like it hyperextended my elbow. Neither he nor I were expecting it to happen. There was actually a large pop and I thought it was broken, it happened so quick. Luckily, not broken, but it did hurt something fierce and started to swell a little bit. But props to my opponent, dude got the win clean, went after the sub and kept at it til the end. Hope to go with him again someday.

Array

School
    10WO
    And here is the match for 3rd place:

My left arm was starting to hurt a little bit more, but I figured I could fight through it for one match. But around the time he pulled guard my elbow was throbbing. He put up that triangle with pretty much no resistance, I'm really embarrassed by that actually. And when he started attacking the arm that was in the triangle I panicked. When he started torqueing on it like a kimura, I panicked more. Thought I could roll out of it like an omoplata, and obviously that didn't work out.

All in all I'm pretty happy with my performance, losing aside. The other guys from my gym all swept their divisions, and one of them even one my division, so that was nice.

Comments/ critiques/ verbal lashings for not repping 10pjj hard enough?