Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    As someone who lives in the south and has 4 world champions on his team. One at Blue. One at Purple, one at Brown and one at Black I think the only major reason you have more champs in the big cities is that you have more people training. We also had a Ultimate Fighter Champ come out of our school. Bruno Malficine has his Aliance school in Orlando as well. So you don't even have to go to South Florida to find monsters. I'm sure once our numbers of competitors reach that of California you'll find the South just as dominant as SoCal.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah Macy View Post
    Tori, get out here to SC and do some tournaments. Sara Mcmann competes at local tournaments around here. Having trained with both of you, I think you two are a great matchup. I know it wouldn't be high status competitions, but you would get to compete against Sara.
    I have competed against Sara before. It would be cool to do again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Tori, I honestly think you'll go far. And I 100% disagree that you need to move to accomplish that. LA and NY may be the hot bed now but that doesn't necessarily mean that is the model everyone has to follow to become the best of the best. You keep doing you and you keep training like you are and the nay sayers can look back and say "shit I was wrong".
    Thanks Brent. You're the man.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah macy View Post
    tori, get out here to sc and do some tournaments. Sara mcmann competes at local tournaments around here. Having trained with both of you, i think you two are a great matchup. I know it wouldn't be high status competitions, but you would get to compete against sara.
    Quote Originally Posted by brent smith View Post
    tori, i honestly think you'll go far. And i 100% disagree that you need to move to accomplish that. La and ny may be the hot bed now but that doesn't necessarily mean that is the model everyone has to follow to become the best of the best. You keep doing you and you keep training like you are and the nay sayers can look back and say "shit i was wrong".
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinculp View Post
    as someone who lives in the south and has 4 world champions on his team. One at blue. One at purple, one at brown and one at black i think the only major reason you have more champs in the big cities is that you have more people training. We also had a ultimate fighter champ come out of our school. Bruno malficine has his aliance school in orlando as well. So you don't even have to go to south florida to find monsters. I'm sure once our numbers of competitors reach that of california you'll find the south just as dominant as socal.
    agreed.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    The truth is, if this was 6 months ago, you wouldn't have even said N.Y. was a hot bed. Every region has guys on that level, there at just more in some places.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    The truth is, if this was 6 months ago, you wouldn't have even said N.Y. was a hot bed. Every region has guys on that level, there at just more in some places.
    6 months ago, I would have for sure said NY is a hotbed. It's been a hotbed forever. So I disagree with you on that. SoCal, NY, Miami in my opinion are very much on par for the TOP places to train. There's tons of killers in those areas! I feel like you can totally grow wherever you are and achieve your dreams, but heading to those places are going to speed up your development. Thats my two cents

Array

School
    Ronin
    [QUOTE=Tori Applegate;254264]I have competed against Sara before. It would be cool to do again.

I can let you know next time we do a tournament. Also, I wonder if there's a way we could set up a super fight. What weight do you compete at?

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    [QUOTE=Jeremiah Macy;254306]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    I have competed against Sara before. It would be cool to do again.

I can let you know next time we do a tournament. Also, I wonder if there's a way we could set up a super fight. What weight do you compete at?
    Been competing at 135 because that's what most girls fight at. I'd like to do 125 for smaller tournaments and possibly 115 if the bigger tournies have that weight available.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    [QUOTE=Tori Applegate;254310]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah Macy View Post
    Been competing at 135 because that's what most girls fight at. I'd like to do 125 for smaller tournaments and possibly 115 if the bigger tournies have that weight available.
    Sara is 135 too! For about 5 minutes....
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678