Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Barbara

Submitting Before Competition

Pretty simple question, particularly for my higher level people. Should you tap your training partner leading up to bis competitions or should you play more of a catch and release game that final week. 1. In order to avoid possible injury and 2. to avoid damaging confidense or mind set of your training partner before they compete. Share your view.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I think it depends on the situation. Usually my team plays points only Jiu Jitsu the final week unless it is a submission only tournament. If the tournament is sub only, we usually place emphasis on not being stupid or overzealous about the finish.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Train hard af, taps and all until a couple days out from the competition
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th planet Ronin, Choi institute.
    I work on control and am very gradual/careful with my submissions. Failing to tap or getting tapped is better than potentially injuring a competitor.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Some people hate professional weight cutting and would rather roll hard to make weight
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrell Garcia View Post
    Pretty simple question, particularly for my higher level people. Should you tap your training partner leading up to bis competitions or should you play more of a catch and release game that final week. 1. In order to avoid possible injury and 2. to avoid damaging confidense or mind set of your training partner before they compete. Share your view.
    I had my arm snapped back a week before i competed and won via 3 submissions over 3 opponents under 5 min .
    What im saying is you should train hard but not ef up your sparing partners , you can extend the damage you take to a maximum tho and just imagine you are already in the tournament before the date comes , so you get in that hunter mentality while you are cutting weight cus i dont know about you but i do cut weight and i love it.
    And since you refrain from eatting and water intake is funky you need all the focused mentality you can get.
    After all you train to win , you train to be a champion that dont come often so its worth it to risk a blood clot to the heart or the brain due to injury.
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    I think it depends on the situation. Usually my team plays points only Jiu Jitsu the final week unless it is a submission only tournament. If the tournament is sub only, we usually place emphasis on not being stupid or overzealous about the finish.
    Thats a great idea i love it.
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I keep high intensity training up until the week before competition.
    During the week of I focus on high intensity drilling to stay sharp and tend to taper down 3 days before the event
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com