Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kettlebells

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    I agree with CHristopher Crayon. Steve Maxwell is a somewhat crazy human being, but his kettlebell workouts stand alone. You can do a whole workout (try Heaven and Hell, it's REALLY hard if you push yourself), or you can just mix basic swings and clean/press into your circuits.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Check out Crossfit, RKC, AKC, or some others for KB shit. 1 pood(35lbs) are great for long duration, 1.5 pood(53lbs) is awesome for shorter duration, and for pure strentgh 2 pood(70lbs) is the shit. A couple of my Crossfit buddy's do shit with 100lb kb which is crazy. Definitely start light and work your way up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    yea im not that big, so I might start with 25 or 35 lbs.

Array

School
    Grand Rapids Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    I do this http://www.maxwellsc.com/articles.cf...010&startrow=1 with 35lb. bells. I can only do 3 circuits though. My wife does it too, she uses 10lb. bells.

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman
    I have 2 35 ilb kettlebells and I honestly unless you are an extremely large person I would not recommend anything more than that. I am 5 ft 8 and 170 ilb when I am not cutting down and I usually just use one of my kbs most of the time. I know not everyone is torrent friendly but you can download almost all of the steve maxwell workouts on kickasstorrents.com. There also some pretty good kettlebell workout books in the martial arts section at barnes and noble though really all you need is a simple and intense workout like the video post earlier in the thread which btw, thanks for that I will be adding jump rope between my reps now!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Might want to step it up a notch

We are doing 4 x 15 min rounds for the kettlebells workout then an hour of wrestling right after it

That's our baseline kb workout:

12 kb swings
    12 kb squats
    12 kb press

10 sec rest

12 alternate swings
    12 clean and press (each hands)

10 sec rest

10 Turkish get ups (each hands)
    10 halo (each way)
    10 full circle (each way)

1 min rest and back for round #2 up to round 4

I'm doing everything @ 44lbs except the get ups I'm still struggling with them I do them @ 35lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Wow, a 15 lber kicks my ass. Id die with a 35.

I do a routine along these lines. Now its not intense enough so instead of jumping rope every other minute, I'll throw in some burpees or some core reps. A minute of burpees then going right into something like gun slingers is almost too much. But i figure if I can make it an intense 20 mins, a couple 15 min matches wont do anything to me at Gracie Worlds

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I have always done Girevoy Sport, snatch and clean & jerk.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    One problem is that you need different bells for different exercises, and they are expensive. I am 145-150 lbs, bu when I do swings, I use AT LEAST a 54 lb kettlebell, and I use 35s for clean/press. But if I am doing twisting lunges or something, I use a 26. Good thing my coach owns a whole set, and then some!

Array

School
    Premier Martial Arts ( Team Megaton )
    The Turkish press with kettle bells is good for a sweat. ((((Rolling)))) is my favorite exercise though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12