Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

Steve Mocco is making the move to MMA

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...124342214.html

For those who care. I think this is awesome. For those who have a vague recollection, he's the HW from that Iowa state wrestling documentary. I wish him the best of luck.

This is another thing I love about MMA. I feel like it's the major leagues for collegiate wrestlers. Basketball and football players have their respective pro leagues. I'm glad that MMA is giving a professional sport outlet to our wrestlers.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Yeah, I read a article last year about American Top Team in Florida trying to recruit top Collegiate Wrestlers. Which is very smart. They won't get the young top elite coming out of college. Most of them have Olympic & World aspirations.

They might get them in their latter 20's which might be to late to pickup striking. In 5 years the competition is going to be unreal. They're going to have a complete game. No weaknesses in their games.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    I wonder how big the pool of former Olympians in MMA will grow in the next five years. Talk about intimidating. If I were a fighter and I drew a former Olympic wrestler, I'd be like, "Are you fucking kidding me? How the hell am I supposed beat that guy?"

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Man this makes me wish Kurt Angle would have picked MMA over Pro Wrestling but back then you were able to make a better living off Pro Wrestling than MMA, so I get why he opted for that instead. But could you imagine if that got hit neck injury all worked out and learn some stand up and Jiu Jitsu. Would have been a fucking force at 185lbs. He was still pretty young when he won the Olympics.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Steve wrestled for iowa and oklahoma state and won national titles for both schools. he also was into judo for I a long time with his sister. I only hope we get to see a re match from 2006 with kole konrad in ncaa finals.