iPhones Tracking Your Every Move?

phew thank god i have an evo

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Elton View Post
    phew thank god i have an evo
    It's not just iphones, all smart phones can do this. I know bounty hunters who have used them to help their hunt. Also, i've seen webcams hacked too to track and capture people

ya i know of webcams as well
    but i havent done any crimes so im all good

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    You know I'm seriously tempted now to use my old Nokia 3310 phone from 1999!!! Apparently all phones built from 2001 onwards (so I'm told not 100% sure) have an in-built tracking chip. However any phone made before that year apparently does not so you cannot be tracked by anyone let alone have your movements recorded and put in a Database.

Maybe it's the way to go. Don't care if I get laughed at for having a crappy phone!! Can't believe how 1984 seems to be happening right in front of my eyes.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Don't worry even your old school phone is trackable lol. At the moment your phone connecting to a relay tower they can track your ass down. In today's world if you want to go incognito you're better off saying no to the interweb and mobile phones! Even by doing that they can still track you. Credit cards, visit to your doctor, supermarket (loyality card are not made to give you cheaper prices, they know when and what you buy) the list goes on! So unless you go live in the woods you're pretty tracked 24/7
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    I just don't know. According to a friend of a friend who used to or still does who works for Vodaphone in the UK, he said the reason so many phone companys in this country won't let you use pre-2001 phones with them is because they do not have this specific tracking chip which lets them easily track your location. The chip was only put into phones made in 2001 onwards and the current tracking technology is geared towards phones with the Internet connection these days. A Nokia 3310 according to him would not be able to be tracked unless you has some very specific technology which dosen't make sense as 99.9% of people do not use these old phones. It's all geared towards post 2001 phones.

Like I say I don't really know I'm only going by what I have been told on the issue. Then again this person could be bullshitting me.

Fortunetly I don't have any credit cards or loyalty cards with anyone and haven't visited the Doctor since I was a young teenager. I'm quite tempted to get rid of my home Internet connection and just use the one at work or in Librarys perhaps. I don't know about living in the woods but a nice beach on a tropical island somewhere sounds nice!

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    It's inevitable... as technology progresses, the people in control of it will gain more and more power and control over the general population. Short of a technological revolution that completely changes how things are produced, marketed, and regulated, I don't see anything changing the current path. We're heading the way of having technology permanently integrated into our bodies and yes, then the government or whomever else has access to the technology will know our every move. How many people on this planet do you think would WILLINGLY and HAPPILY elect to have a tech implant in their wrist that serves as a cell phone, PDA, or whatever else it can do? I guarantee the masses will be lined up for that shit, especially in this country. That's a scary future! We need to insist that the appropriate laws are enacted and FOLLOWED to regulate future technology properly. Unfortunately, I personally see technology advancing way faster than our laws and once the scale tips and technology becomes more POWERFUL than the law of the land, watch out! Sorry for the pessimistic perspective but it's not science fiction, this shit is coming.

Array

School
    M1 Action Design
    Privacy is dead