Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    GB Freestyle Judo Club, Holly BJJ

Post training skin care suggestions

I wanted to get something other than the annonimous reviews. I have been looking at either the Gracie cleansing foam or something from defense soap. I usually have at least an hour drive after training and I know a couple of my fellow 10p guys do something similar and was hoping to hear what you recommend.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by michael h View Post
    I wanted to get something other than the annonimous reviews. I have been looking at either the Gracie cleansing foam or something from defense soap. I usually have at least an hour drive after training and I know a couple of my fellow 10p guys do something similar and was hoping to hear what you recommend.
    You gotta check out SuperBody Care. It is amazing. Here is the link to their site:
    http://superbodycare.com/

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Myself and my team use defense soap. Do not use anti-bacterial soap, it kills good bacteria as well as bad. Use lotion after showering, it help with cracks and fissues im the skin.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    www.kdgoldrtu.com by natural soap formulas

Array

School
    10th Planet Grimsby UK
    Whats Defence soap? this is the first I've heard of anything like this! Bog standard shower gel is what I use.

Array

School
    products are sold at lots of 'em
    Hi - This is Cheri from Super Body Care.
    We have sold over 15000 bars of our famous Loofah Soap Bar to BJJ and MMA players. Super Body Care is sold at UFC Gyms to keep over 20,000 gym members skin healthy. And the folks at Bellator also use Super Body Care for their fighters on the reality show. It is sold at all On The Mat locations and online, BodyBuilding.com, as well as available on SuperBodyCare.com . We currently have a Buy One, Get One Special for Loofah Bars, I'd recommend to snatch that up. BodyBuilding.com has some killer offers too.

Michael H, you nailed it. The hour drive home and any other elapsed time during and after training allows staph to multiply every 20 minutes, and ringworm to sink its toes into your skin. Typically BJJ'ers buy the Loofah Soap Bar, and the Body Wipes to cover all hygiene needs. The Soap has scrubby bits (loofah) so it's great to scrub unhealthy skin , and the wipes for before and after training are effective, check out test results posted online and here: test results

The foam perplexes me. How can a foam barrier intelligently crawl across a wound once the surface has been broken? And are their test results on this foam? How long is this protective layer good for? Although it may cleanse the skin on contact (much like a Body Wipe would), I'm unconvinced a foam will sustain for the duration of training.

Lots of people unwittingly walk into their school carrying germs. Gas pumps and money are the two top dirtiest things (yep, laden with staph, e. coli, viruses hanging out). This is why it is so important to wash your hands before you even step in your school. Hands make the best vehicle to spread germs. Clearly as a grappler, you can see how fast hands move everywhere. For this reason, the Body Wipes should be used BEFORE and AFTER. And the soap in the shower for thorough cleansing. Feel great, smells great, and makes skin the healthiest ever!!! (and a touch of peppermint tingle to start your engines)

I hope that helps! Any question, please holler!
    cheri

Stay healthy my friends!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I was skeptical about Defense soap, but I bought one bar on a whim, and I will say it is a 10 out or 10 product. You will not regret buying defense soap.
    A bar lasts a long time and you will never feel cleaner from another brand of soap.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    GB Freestyle Judo Club, Holly BJJ
    Thanks everybody. I am going to conduct an experiment for myself. I am just about to order a bar of soap and cleansing wipes from defense soap and super body care. Gonna alternate product each week of training and decide which I like better. The one I like best will be the setup I will be taking with me to Hoosier, buckeye challenge, and a couple more out of state tournaments. Let the grand soap experiment begin lol.

Array

School
    Impact and 10th Planet Portland
    I gota say I miss the body wipes they had at Burbank, those were very nice especially after workout, Cheri makes a good product.

Once home I just use a loofah type thing and some dr bronners hemp eucalyptus liquid soap, never had an outbreak of anything so far.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    You know i have always wondered about this myself my gym is a 45 mins drive away plus i carpool guys up so its always at least an hour and half til i get home to shower and knock on wood its been 3 years i been doing this and never once have had a fungul or ringworm issues (knock on wood) so i kinda always wondered if some people are just more prone to it than others or what.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast