Thread: Knee on belly

Knee on belly

Give me good knee on belly escape...

I really hate that people go to knee on belly and jump side to side with it...

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Punch em in the balls.

Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Jeff Glover has a good transition from Knee on Belly to Deep Half that works pretty well. I've been using it just to get back to half guard. To overly simplify and summarize the technique, you basically turn their leg (the one across your belly) upright and push it back down to half guard. I belief the left hand is behind the knee cap and the right hand on the ankle.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Use the one Saulo shows above. My teacher is a close friend of his, and teaches the same thing. Once you get the elbow in, there is a lot you can do. You can turn as he shows, turn the other way to get on your knees with more space, or even fake one way and then granby roll into full guard. End of the day, though, being in Knee-On-Belly sucks. keep moving and get out while you still have gas.

Array

School
    Luling MMA / Cedar Creek MMA / Dojo Kyle
    The one in the vid exposes your back twice. Fuck that.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Beck View Post
    Right elbow to right knee to block the hook and keep the left arm in tight to prevent them from hooking the outside arm. Saulo takes his knee to elbow defense for granted sometimes as it's a crucial element within his curriculum. He uses it for guard passing, back defense, side mount defense, and god knows where else. It's a huge tool though, it should definitely be learned.

Array

School
    warrior camp mma-prior 10th planet spokane member
    I'd like to see how Glover gets a deep half from there. whenever i get knee on belly i look for them to put that arm out and shrimp away. Its the easiest and my favorite darce set up to get.

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    Drysdale has a sweet escape where he rolls up under the guy upside-down...its bad ass

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Beck View Post
    If you know the running escape the way Saulo knows it, you aren't exposing your back. That stuff is Helio Gracie 101 Basics everyone should know and love. (Stepping of my Soap Box)