Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte

having a little trouble from guard transisting into spiderweb?

Well when someone is in my guard and nothing is working and i go for the deep hook and grab thier inner thigh to spin around they are postering up halfway in my spin? I use the one leg to leg curl them but any other ideals? I also hold the deep hook tight on my body

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    When you are deep hooking their arm, where is their arm sitting across your body? I try to to get their elbow at least as far as my sternum before I commit to anything.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Also with your deep hook, are you reaching as far around your hip as possible?

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    Thanks both of you for in put..that helps ...now how about when i spin around and putting my second foot up they posture up? I end up with a reg armbar or they posture out of it..? on the good guys that is..lol

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    If your deep hook is secured properly, that should be trapping their arm to keep them down. Maybe you should just work with somebody having them feed you the deep hook and practice squeezing while they try to pull their arm out? When you get that hook is should be deep into the crook of their arm and not just across the forearm.

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank
    are you controlling his posture w/ your other hand before you deep hook?

as you spin, are you keeping your knees squeezed giving him "earmuffs"?

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Elkin View Post
    are you controlling his posture w/ your other hand before you deep hook?

as you spin, are you keeping your knees squeezed giving him "earmuffs"?
    Yes, you should have his posture controlled by locking up his collar bone, by squeezing your knees AND LEG CURLS, very very important! The leg squeeze and curls are a crutial part of the "whole" equation. Hope that helps

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    You should be squeezing/curling both legs. Not just one. Break it down while drilling to make sure you're doing it right. Ask your partner to use 50-70% strength to posture and see if he can regain posture easily at any point. If you are pumping, you should pump, trap the shoulder, deep hook, pivot, c-cup the thigh and finish him any way you like from here. You can chuck him or you can Russian roll or you can try a swim move or you can finish on your back.

The most important thing is that you are squeezing, curling, and generally controlling every single moment of the armbar.

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank

This should answer your question

I recorded Sir Alder Hampel a couple weeks ago: Mission Control, Pump, Spin w/ Leg curls, Opponent Leans back, Swim move.