Array

School
    Victory MMA

Competing/Belts?

So this is more two topics in one....

1)If anyone has advice for people who are still working on figuring out how to get a win in a tournament, feel free to share

2)This is more for me...But I'm turning 14 soon, and still at white belt, but I want to know what are something that instructors look for before promoting someone to yellow belt? I'm trying to find what I'm missing in my technique anyway

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    1. Just keep competing and the wins will come

2. 1/2 guard sweeps, full guard attacks, then passing and finishing
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    yellow belt?

Array

School
    Ronin
    some jj acadamies award yellow orange and green belt to kids under 16 actually thats the official belt ranking system

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    true, DID NOT KNOW THAT. learn something every day

Array

School
    Will be 10th Planet Phoenix when i move there soon
    Currently live in Lake Charles, La but will be moving to Queen Creek, AZ in 9 months
    I have not formally trained in 10thplanetjj but i'm extremely interested in it, i think it is the most effective style of grappling. I have all of your books and dvds. I have trained in traditional bjj and received my blue belt. I totally agree with the testing system for people that dont have a school near by like me except for one thing. The only thing i have a problem with is i never got into bjj for the competition side of it. I did it as a hobby, fun and for fitness. So the 10 wins in competition wont work for me. Is that the only way to get ranked? Cause i have no desire to do competition bjj. Does that make it impossible for me to ever get ranked through the video testing? Or do i have to wait til a 10thplanetjj school opens up near by?

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    As far as competing and getting your first win: perseverance, dedication, and patience. Some people, it takes time to get over the hump, others just get it. Everyone is different. It will come the more you drill and perfect techniques, the more you roll with people as good or better, and the more comfortable you are with competing. Patience young Padawan, patience.
    As far as promotions go, everyone is different. For ME, I look at everything: diligence in training, coach-ability, understanding of technique, devotion to the school/team/instructor, application, and CHARACTER. If you're smashing everyone, but a tool of a person, I'm not promoting you. Not for a million dollars (maybe I would for two million ). However, if you REALLY know and can apply technique, are devoted to the TEAM, and are a good person, well, that counts for a LOT.
    Just keep training and everything will come. Patience is difficult, but it makes it all the more worthwhile.

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    Great advice. Keep learning & improving and you'll get noticed for sure.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I got beat a lot my first year. I was always put in the higher divisons when i first started, so it was tough for me to lose. When i could have been winning the beginner divison. But now I just tapped my first black belt. what i'm getting at is put the work in and you'll win. Also master the basics and when you get that, then master adv basics.

Ok i feel like a retard!! When i signed up i didnt read the message from Eddie about using screen names. Dubzee77 is me. At least i caught it early!!! LOL!!