Street fight question

Hi Im a newbie, I was wondering if a knuckle head in the streets in the concrete started trouble and I couldnt avoid it what would be the safest way to bring him down to the floor without hurting myself on the concrete?

What steps would you take?

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Learn Judo.

Array

School
    Grove City BJJ Academy
    Iminari rolls are the only logical option.

I'm kidding, but seriously, work on your standup take downs whether it be judo throws or wrestling shoot in style take downs. However, if you are worried about this from a self defense perspective you need to be aware of strikes coming in while you are going for these; You might have to worry about eating a punch or two getting into clinching range, which isn't as dangerous as potentially catching a knee or kick to the head while shooting in.

If you are focused on self defense over straight grappling as a sport, then work take downs with strikes, work the ground with strikes, having strikes involved changes things and opens up certain pathways and closes others.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I agree judo throws would be best on concrete, you could knock yourself out double legging someone ala Matt Lindland
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Yea im learning Judo, thanks for the input fellas.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Honestly, arm drags work well. You could get the back standing and work from there. Jiu Jitsu in the street is a gamble. You want to be as safe as possible. It's not the one on one aspect you have to worry about so much, it's the friend jumping in when you got a grip on your opponent. You're defenseless. You want the fastest, safest finish possible. A throw or take down should be like option 3 or 4.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    run the pipe!!!!

Yea i wouldnt be trying no locks in a streetfight. I was thinking more of putting the aggressor down and some quick ground and pound.

Im new to this.. i have no idea about the pipe.